Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Installing Subs And Amp On Stock Radio...clueless...need Help!!!!!!!!! Pleease Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05 | 08:04 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

Default Installing Subs And Amp On Stock Radio...clueless...need Help!!!!!!!!! Pleease Help!!

okay guys, i REALLY REALLY need help...im planning on installing my subs and amp into my sc300 but i wanna use the stock radio...i really dont know much about the wiring part...im opening up the middle dash and ill be taking out the stock radio tomorrow...i dont know what to do next ...i took a power wire from the battery to the back of the trunk...where do the blue fuse/remote and ground wires go? also, what else do i need to do? what do i need to hook behind my stock radio? do i need some rca convertor or something? i want all my stock speakers to work and the stock sub in the back to work as well. i dont wanna mess with the stock amp at all. basically, all i want to do is add my 2 jl audio subs in the back of the car with a boss c700 amp. please tell me step by step (with pics if possible) what to do next...what to plug where in the back of my stock radio or what not...and anything else that would be helpfull....PLEEEEEEASE, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THIS.
Old 02-15-05 | 08:23 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&highlight=amp

search button does wonders.
Old 02-15-05 | 08:42 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Sup dude..

I did the same thing what you did and added a JL Audio 12W7 and a Orion 2500D amplifier to my stock headunit.

You need to get a Line Level Converter so that you can disconnect the OEM sub and feed that to the converter. Then you can use a patch rca cable to hook to your amp's input.

You then need to run a power cable from the battery with a fuse close to the battery all the way down to your amp. You also need to ground the amp to a good chassis point. For the remote turn on, you can simply just find a wire that has 12V Acc when the ignition is on.
Old 02-16-05 | 07:49 AM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

hey thanks for the help supracoup but i believe its different for my sc300....urs is a sc400 so its a bit different...my amps underneath the cd changer in the trunk
Old 02-16-05 | 09:50 AM
RyanG
Driver

Originally Posted by Sc2jzge300
hey thanks for the help supracoup but i believe its different for my sc300....urs is a sc400 so its a bit different...my amps underneath the cd changer in the trunk
Actually its the same. The amp under the changer is for your doors, the amp up top is for the sub. Go in your trunk and pull out the trunk lining with the vents, you should see your gas tank then look next to your sub and you should see a little silver box, thats the amp you need to get to. Good Luck

Ryan

Last edited by RyanG; 02-16-05 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-16-05 | 11:13 AM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

to install amps to the stock receiver you are going to need a RCA converter for the amps
you are going to need to wire up the amp and then run the RCA's from the converter to the amps .
the converter wires up to the receiver. then all you have to do is run the wires from the amp out puts to the speakers
there are some links on club lexus showing the wiring diagrams so it can make it easier for you
Old 02-16-05 | 06:30 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AllBoutDaZ
to install amps to the stock receiver you are going to need a RCA converter for the amps
you are going to need to wire up the amp and then run the RCA's from the converter to the amps .
the converter wires up to the receiver. then all you have to do is run the wires from the amp out puts to the speakers
there are some links on club lexus showing the wiring diagrams so it can make it easier for you
okay, so basically...all i need to do is connect an rca converter into the back of my stock unit (can someone tell me where that goes?), then take the rca wires back into the trunk while bypassing the stock amps and insert the rca cable wires into my boss c700 amp in the trunk. then i take the power wire from the battery all the way down to the boss c700 in the trunk. now...here is what i need help with...the speaker wires and the remote wire....i dont know where to inert them in the back of the stock unit...so can you please tell me where i have to insert the rca converter, remote wire, and the speaker wires...also, am i missing anything? do i have to take something to the fuse or what not?
Old 02-16-05 | 07:33 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

almost.. check out my thread "installing an aftermarket sub in and SC400" it should give you more help. The RCA converter(low line level converter) is attached to the wires running away from the stock amp. You might want to take this to a shop or find a buddy with better audio knowledge. I would hate for you to mess something up by accident and give you more head aches
Old 02-17-05 | 02:06 PM
GsUnit
Rookie

Default !!!warning!!!

Dont install any extra electronics on your cars battery, because you can fry a chip in your cars computer. this happend to me when I had some beat put on my tahoe, I had to sell it because it wasent the same after that. that also happend to my friend after he had beat installed a few weeks went by, and one day his truck wouldent turn on anymore. and it was a brand new truck he has bought it with zero miles. so he took it down to the dealership and they checked it out,
and they told him that his beat had fried a chip and that it would be $2000 to fix. so im not telling you not to do it, its your car. I am just warnin you of what might happend. hey you might get lucky and fry a chip that wont matter. the best thing to do is install a separete battery and a separate altornator, to charge the extra battery you installed. and then you can plug all your extra electronics on that battery. all these modern cars only have enough power in the battery to power all their stock stuff, they are not made to handle all those extra addons like beat, tvs, lights.
Old 02-17-05 | 04:06 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Default Deja Vu!

That's the very same post that you inserted into another amp installation thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151323
You're free to share your experience, but it's not the same as the experience of the rest of us that have safely added amps and other audio upgrades to our cars without resorting to adding another battery and alternator.
Old 02-17-05 | 05:08 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Dude, are you serious? How many people have "beat" in there cars? Most seem to be fine!
Old 02-17-05 | 08:01 PM
GsUnit
Rookie

Like i said in my post "its your car do what you want" im just warning you. just remember me when one day your car starts actin funny, or worse it wont start. its been proven if you dont bealive me ask your dealer or a proffesional. well i really dont care what happends to your car. i am just tryin to help some people who want to listen, if you dont, ok then just stay off my back and let me post what i know.
Old 02-17-05 | 08:35 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

have a good day sir
Old 02-18-05 | 06:26 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

ok guys, lets stop fighting and get back to helping me out lol
Old 02-18-05 | 08:03 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

no fighting here...just "expressing" my opinion

Quick Reply: Installing Subs And Amp On Stock Radio...clueless...need Help!!!!!!!!! Pleease Help!!