Sponsored by:

CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-05, 08:30 PM
R1MAN
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Changer

I have this problem with my CD changer for sometimes, now and then it just stop playing for one or two sec and starts to play again, and worst part is sometimes it turns off and switches to radio, and no matter how many times I hit the CD button it wont play, even when I turn off the system and hit CD, nothing happens like its dead, since I don't use my truck ,LX450, very often, I didn't really care, but now I'm thinking that I should do something about it, so what do you think? its time for after market CD changer, so its something I can fix?
Old 02-23-05, 09:27 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

When it does this are you using burned cd's? Just curious.
Old 02-24-05, 01:55 AM
R1MAN
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pirate400
When it does this are you using burned cd's? Just curious.
No I don't.
Old 02-24-05, 11:43 AM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Is there a warranty or anything? Look into the possibility of getting a new unit from the factory.
Old 02-24-05, 01:18 PM
R1MAN
Rookie

Is there a warranty or anything? Look into the possibility of getting a new unit from the factory.
No warranty, the car is 97.
I know it has been asked too many times before and I could find a lot of post regarding this question, so I'm sorry that I have to ask it again, since I was not quite sure about it, my question is if I buy an after market CD changer, is there any way that I could keep the dash unit, or in other word stock setting? is there any CD changer that can be replace with existing one without modifying bracket or anything in that nature? what do you recommend?
I'm not planning to do it myself, I just need to know what am I up to before purchasing a new unit.
Old 02-24-05, 07:39 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Yes it can be done. The changer is called an Fm modulated Cd changer. refer to this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152315
THe process is all the same.
Old 02-24-05, 09:15 PM
R1MAN
Rookie

Yes it can be done. The changer is called an Fm modulated Cd changer. refer to this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152315
THe process is all the same.
Thanks a lot, great info, I'm not familiar with this kind of stuff so please bear with me, I checked the Fm modulated Cd changer, and after reading about them, I've got few more questions:
1- my current CD changer is located under the arm rest console, and I was wondering that, do they have standard size, I mean if I buy a new one, can I just slide it in? (beside wiring and all connection)
2- after installation, do I have to use remote control or I still can use the stock on dash button, like volume, choose the CD and so on?
thanks for all the help and sorry again for my dumb questions.
Old 02-24-05, 09:35 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

a new cd changer can run in a few different sizes. The one I had (kenwood) unit was about the size of 2 big biology text books stacked on top of each other. They can be bigger and bulkier though. I am not familiar with your stock changer. When you install it, the unit comes with a remote and a little screen controller similar to an XM satellite control unit. About the size of a flip cell phone. Unfortunately you will not be able to use the "CD" button on your factory radio to turn it on. The way it works is you set your radio to a certain frequency and the when your new changer is turned on it plays through the radio.