Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

install price, am i being ripped?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-05, 05:27 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Question install price, am i being ripped?

so i finally recieve my new caska double din unit along with a 300w 4 channel amp, ready for install. i call up the installation guys and they say that the lexus speakers are "one off" and that if i installed the deck, even with a new amp, the system couldnt handle the power and it would sound real crappy. he said that i would need to replace all my speakers and my sub, and gave me a ridiculous price for the total install. now is this guy tryin to rip me off or can i still install what i have and be well off? i am asking this because, i also asked two other members, but still have no response. if anyone could help me please, thank u in advance!
Old 02-26-05, 06:00 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You might wanna tell us how much he wants to charge you
Old 02-26-05, 06:23 PM
nysupraman
Racer

well he said 200 for the amp i have and the deck, and i agreed as long as it is done right. but then he said blah blah for this and that and totalled out to be something like 1100-12something, that is with their new suggested, amp, sub, and speakers. no way i have that kind of money, and that's why i bought what i did in the first place, if i have to install all these things, i minus well sell what i have and forget the whole thing until i have more money.
Old 02-26-05, 06:35 PM
supraman4e
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This guy is totally ripping you off for just an amp and deck. Materials will cost you at the most an extra 60 dollars for the amp wiring, signal leads, fuses, etc. that crap that the lexus speakers can't handle 75 watts is ridiculus. this is a lexus, not a cheap cavalier with some crappy system. You're better off going to Best Buy or circuit city. those guys are all mecp certified and they actually guarantee their work. I personally have had bad luck with those independant guys. good luck with the system cuz it sounds pretty sweet.
Old 02-26-05, 06:58 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Originally Posted by supraman4e
This guy is totally ripping you off for just an amp and deck. Materials will cost you at the most an extra 60 dollars for the amp wiring, signal leads, fuses, etc. that crap that the lexus speakers can't handle 75 watts is ridiculus. this is a lexus, not a cheap cavalier with some crappy system. You're better off going to Best Buy or circuit city. those guys are all mecp certified and they actually guarantee their work. I personally have had bad luck with those independant guys. good luck with the system cuz it sounds pretty sweet.
no the higher price i mentioned (1100) he is asking for with all new speakers, sub,and amp, plus deck install. the 200 dollars is the deck and amp install price only. but i thank you for the response, ill try them out.
Old 02-26-05, 07:45 PM
gekisai29
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for all the stuff mentioned the price is reasnable if he is copetent. i just don't know if you really need to replace the whole sound system. is there anything in particular you don't like about the oem?
Old 02-26-05, 10:03 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Originally Posted by gekisai29
for all the stuff mentioned the price is reasnable if he is copetent. i just don't know if you really need to replace the whole sound system. is there anything in particular you don't like about the oem?
there is nothing wrong with oem, im not into the whole superbass thing or anything, stock is fine, i just wanted a dvd player in dash that looked kind of stock.
Old 02-27-05, 08:42 PM
inovashn
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts

i honestly would check out a major retailer like best buy. they don't try to rip a new one everytime something different comes in the shop.