Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Changed Sub, but no sound from it.... HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-05 | 06:52 PM
whytry
Advanced

Default Changed Sub, but no sound from it.... HELP

I have a 99 GS w/ NAVI and I am adding a sub and amp to stock haedunit. I have everything done and I have power, remote, etc but no sound at sub. I ran a LLC to convert to RCA's but no output from the amp. Am I missing something?

I rechecked my power wires, no blown fuse, good ground, good remote signal, Speaker wire to subs is fine..... I ran the LLC to the Factory sub wires on the rear deck, yellow and black.

Please help.
Old 03-14-05 | 01:19 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Default check your inputs

You first need to figure out whether you have a good input and that your LLC is wired correctly and functioning. Run the RCAs from the LLC into a separate piece of equipment like a boombox or something that takes RCA inputs to check the signal. Many times the negative or return side of the signal is wired incorrectly and basically results in no input, so no amp output either.
Old 03-14-05 | 03:09 PM
whytry
Advanced

You are right!! I checked the LLC and tried another one, and it worked fine... At 1st I thought I was overlooking something simple.....

I brought it back to best buy and got another one. It sounds great now!!!
Old 03-14-05 | 03:20 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Glad I could be of service !!!

Also, don't know what brand of LLC you're using, but if there's a quality issue, you can get the Audiolink Powerlink II, from Crutchfield.com. It's the best quality one we've seen....

Originally Posted by whytry
You are right!! I checked the LLC and tried another one, and it worked fine... At 1st I thought I was overlooking something simple.....

I brought it back to best buy and got another one. It sounds great now!!!
Old 03-14-05 | 05:06 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Engin Ear is right. The Audiolink is a really good LLC. I have 2 of them hooked up.
Old 03-14-05 | 09:15 PM
beez43
Pole Position

man, if you could do a writeup on this and post some pics up id be incredibly happy because i plan on doing ht esame thing myself. i just want to change the sub out and run an aftermarket amp without using a different HU.... and also, can you tell me how much better the bass is from that sub compared to the stock? i got the nak system and really could use some more bass... thanks
Old 03-15-05 | 07:39 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Aloha beez, so many of us have done this that it's not even funny, and I'll tell you that if you've already noticed that the stock sub doesn't have enough bass for you, you'll be very pleased if you do the mods to swap in a new woofer and aftermarket amp. It will completely change the character of the bass. How far you take it is a matter of taste, how much you want to mod your car, and your wallet. You can also do sealed or ported enclosures, multiple woofers, etc. There's a ton of info on all of this if you do some searching thru the threads.
Old 03-15-05 | 11:24 AM
whytry
Advanced

I did a search to find out more info on it. I came from working at a stereo shop in high school, but when I was having this problem I was not sure if it was me, the car, or something else. I thought I would post up first, then go to trial and error. Posting worked better, also PM'ed a couple of guys...

THanks for all the help..
Old 03-17-05 | 03:40 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by whytry
I did a search to find out more info on it. I came from working at a stereo shop in high school, but when I was having this problem I was not sure if it was me, the car, or something else. I thought I would post up first, then go to trial and error. Posting worked better, also PM'ed a couple of guys...

THanks for all the help..
Great Subs! These are mine.
Attached Thumbnails Changed Sub, but no sound from it....  HELP-kicker-night.jpg  
Old 03-18-05 | 03:24 PM
whytry
Advanced

Nice!!!