Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Did SC's w/o factory CD come pre-wired?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-05, 08:14 PM
FaceUT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did SC's w/o factory CD come pre-wired?

My '92 SC300 came with the Pioneer Premium system w/o CD - just tape. If I buy an identical head unit with CD - and add a changer in the trunk... is everything already pre-wired? Are the harnesses already there & will this just be a plug & play endeavor?

Thanks for the info. I am sure this has been asked - but I came up empty on the search...

Mike
Old 03-21-05, 08:40 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

just go to the location where it should be and see if there is a plug that is being unused...
Old 03-21-05, 09:52 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

not only is your sc not prewired for a cd changer it is not prewired for an external amp . the non cd button radio has the 4 4 inch speakers amp inside the headunit. the amp in the trunk is only the 1 channell sub amp. the solution is to mount the 4 channel amp in the dash just like toyota models do. leave the sub amp in the trunk. i have done such instalations with the pioneer cd button headunit. the nakamichi amp is so large and is 5 channell all in one it would be a diificult for dash install. but the pioneer amp is small and easily fits behind the dash. the 6 and 10 pin speaker outoput connector from your present radio will plug into the output of the 4 channel amp and you need a 15 pin to 12 pin harness to connect the cd button radio to the 4 channell amp mounted in the dash. with that set up there is no wires to splice and is all plug in and play. you also need a cd changer cable. the harnesses and amp are all avaiiable. email me at pioneersuby@woh.rr.com for details.
Old 03-22-05, 05:07 AM
FaceUT
Pole Position

lexusaudio,

Exactly what I needed to know... Thanks!

This sounds like more trouble and expense than I wanted to invest for CD. I have a high end tape

deck in my home audio that sees little use these days. This will give me an excuse to burn a few

tapes. Out of curiousity, what would this conversion cost?

Thanks again!

Mike
Old 03-22-05, 05:37 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

the radios are 75.00. the amps go for 50.00. . the cd changer cable is 75.00 the radio to amp adapter is 40.00. around 250.00 to convert to radio with cd changer button. its all plug in and play. because the 6 and 10 pin plug plug in the amp and the subwoofer and the volume connectors just plug in the cd button radio. the new 15 pin plug goes from head unit to the amp. sounds complicated but would be a half hour install with no wire codes to figure out. and no splicing . also the amp would be factory and would be plug in and play and match the 4 ohm 40 watt speakers.