Sponsored by:

Line Output Converter

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-05, 05:20 PM
lexsc492
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line Output Converter

i bought a line output converter so i can send rcas to my aftermarket amp from my factory nakamichi headunit. it says to splice the wires into the wires that go to the front left and right speakers. im beggining to think i bought the wrong piece (loc). where do i connect the loc or do i need a differant converter?
Old 04-06-05, 06:41 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SexCoupe4
i bought a line output converter so i can send rcas to my aftermarket amp from my factory nakamichi headunit. it says to splice the wires into the wires that go to the front left and right speakers. im beggining to think i bought the wrong piece (loc). where do i connect the loc or do i need a differant converter?
Hmm, could you clarify your question just a lil. Also, I thought the Nak headunits had low level (RCA) outputs anyway? If not, heres a lil illustration I made a while back showing how to hook up your LOC

Old 04-06-05, 07:13 PM
lexsc492
Pole Position

Default ...

ok right now i have a nakamichi headubit which i didnt pull out yet to see if there are rca plugs like on an aftermarket headunit? i have speakers a sub but there is no amp whatsoever. my plan is to install a 4 channel amp for now so that it puts out to my speakers. i will run a power wire from the battery, rcas from loc which i still have no idea where to wire, and remote which i have no idea where to wire.
Old 04-06-05, 07:18 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Alright, first things first. Pull out that Nak HU and see if you have RCA outputs! If you dont, wire up the LOC by using the wires coming from the stock subwoofer amp, and run t-taps off those. As for the remote turn on, the absolute easiet wire to use is the switched power wire going to the antennae. Do a search for a thread where me and Pirate400 discuss great places to wire your "remote turn on wire" from
Old 04-06-05, 07:19 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Haha alright since Im such a nice guy, heres the thread for you

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152519
Old 04-06-05, 07:33 PM
lexsc492
Pole Position

Default ...

there is only one amp in my system which i never saw since i bought the car without it. it was a 5 channel amp for sub and speakers. i pulled out backseat just to make sure and there was no amp under the seat
Old 04-06-05, 07:42 PM
lexsc492
Pole Position

Default ...

yes i know but on systems that are not nakamichi there are two amps and one of them is located under the backseat for the subs.
Old 04-06-05, 07:47 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

ahh I wasnt reading clearly.. yes you are right. Infact I will delete my post because I didnt read the whole thread
Old 04-07-05, 10:47 AM
lexsc492
Pole Position

Default ...

Ok So Since I Have No Amps At All Where Should I Wire The L.o.c. And The Remote Wire?
Old 04-07-05, 05:02 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

you need to get the stock amp back in the car...buy one online somewhere.. Does your stereo work right now? as in are all your speakers working?
Old 04-07-05, 07:18 PM
lexsc492
Pole Position

Default ...

the stereo works and reads the changer which works.... there is no amp whatsoever which is what powers the speakers and sub. so therefore there is no sound unfortunately. thats why i want to wire a new amp in which i already have.
Old 04-07-05, 08:12 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

ok.. I was about to say that if you had sound then you have an amp...anyways, just get the stock amp back in there and then go that way.
Old 04-07-05, 09:06 PM
lexsc492
Pole Position

Default ....

if i had an amp then there wouldnt be this listing. what i am trying to accomplish is to put in an amp which is aftermarket.
Old 04-07-05, 09:28 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

and Im telling you that an easy way would be to FIND A NAK amp and USE IT...if you want to play around with the nak headunit and try to figure it out -HAVE FUN! If you want it to be quick and simple--get a used amp. Put the nak amp back into the system and then you can run you LLC to your aftermarket amp to power your subs. Thats how I know how to do it and thats the way i would do it. There may be another way but I dont know about it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-05, 09:38 PM
lexsc492
Pole Position

Default ...

ok brother thanks for your opinion and remember to just RELAX. so does anybody have any advice for the way i was asking about doing it? thanks.

Quick Reply: Line Output Converter