Sponsored by:

Code Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 05:48 PM
LIVN XL
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper/Python or Compustar

Okay...I posted the below note (marked as OLD MESSAGE) before and had no responses, I guess not many people have Code Alarms on their Lexuses...however, I have read that a lot of you guys have the Viper/Python or Compustar Alarms.

I am in the market of getting 2 alarms, one for my RX and one for my IS. Which one do you guys think is the best? I will be getting pretty much all of the options for both of my cars. I was at Car Toys and they read me from their computer that they do not recommend the sunroof feature on the IS and RX. I know last night I found a thread on here where someone mentioned that they have the Python and they have the sunroof open/close feature, but its on a GS. Does anyone have a IS or RX with this feature? If so, has it given you any problems?

Thanks you guys, I am sort of in a rush to get the alarms installed, but I want to feel comfortable knowing that I will be getting a good system...after all, I am about to drop between $2k to $3k on both systems installed with ALL the features! NOT A SMALL CHUNK OF CHANGE!

Any input from you guys would be great!! Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah, the only good thing about the Code Alarm CA670 that I was mentioning about below is that I can get the CarLink module and be able to dial in or go on the web to lock/unlock the doors and start the cars, and theres NO monthly fee, its a free lifetime membership. And the alarm itself has a lifetime warranty. And it comes with 2 remotes, one LCD and one 6-button. I know the Viper/Python only comes with one LCD remote and I think the Compustar comes with one LCD and one 4-button.

OLD MESSAGE:
I got a quote on a Code Alarm for my 2 cars. Anyone know if its good? I don't remember the exact model that I got the quote for, but it had all the bells and whistles...remote start, windows up/down, lcd 2 way remote, blah blah blah. I know that Code Alarm has been around for years and years, but has anyone had one before or know if its a good brand??

Thanks!

Last edited by LIVN XL; 04-25-05 at 11:30 AM. Reason: changed title
Old 04-25-05, 11:31 AM
LIVN XL
Pole Position

bump to the top, changed topic a bit
Old 04-27-05, 10:07 AM
eDiddy
Driver School Candidate

Don't know if I can offer any advice. But I'm getting a Compustar installed next week. My choices were between a Viper and Compustar. I don't think I could have made a bad decision either way. The Compustar's remote start range was the deciding factor for me. At work, I have to park a long ways from my building. I'm hoping to take advantage of the Compustar's range to start the car before leaving the building.

eDiddy
Old 04-27-05, 11:42 AM
LIVN XL
Pole Position

Thanks ediddy...I actually just got the Python 881XP installed yesterday on the IS and they are installing the same alarm on my RX today. I liked the fact that Compustar has a range 3 tiems farther, but the reason I went with the Python, which is the same as the Viper, because of the company doing the install. Compustar just has 2 authorized dealers in Portland and I have never heard of either store, so I don't know their reputation.

I like the Python, easy to use, straight forward...I wish it had a clock on it like Code Alarm and Compustar! But other than that its nice so far. I'm going back today to have them install a glass sensor and to increase the sensitivity level and to fix one window, it stops half way adn doesn't roll-up all the way. Also, my engine light turned on today after remote start. Anyone know anything about that?