Sponsored by:

tweeters okay in rear door?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-05, 11:35 AM
lctaylor1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tweeters okay in rear door?

I want to change the rear door speakers in '99 GS4 w/NAK system. I know the OEM is a 4" mid speaker. I want to upgrade to 51/4" two way speaker. Are there any OEM crossovers for the rear that will prevent me from getting highs out of my new two way spekaers? Or can I just install them and be okay. I want to make whatever changes I need while stuff is taken apart. I would hate to install them, put everything back together and not get any highs out of the tweeters of my new speakers.
I am thinking there is only an internal highpass crossover in the factory amp, which would work great. Just want to be sure.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-27-05, 11:54 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This belongs in the audio forum, but I'm going to chime in...

True audio fanatics will tell you that rear tweeters don't produce good quality sound and are not SQ show quality.

You should keep your components up front only....rears should be able to take as big as 6.5" with some modification.
Old 04-27-05, 12:56 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NT2SHBBY
This belongs in the audio forum, but I'm going to chime in...

True audio fanatics will tell you that rear tweeters don't produce good quality sound and are not SQ show quality.

You should keep your components up front only....rears should be able to take as big as 6.5" with some modification.

6.5 will not fit in the rear doors without major modifications and if you want to mount tweeters in the rear mounting them in the doors is ok or you can mount them in A pillar if you want true surround your going the right way but if you want a bass mobile then you don't need tweeters in the rear just a good strong mid-bass will do the trick