Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

1992 SC300, factory alarm not responding...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-05, 10:07 AM
MONSTER
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1992 SC300, factory alarm not responding...

Just replaced battery in remote key for the 1992 SC300, but car won't respond when I press the key to lock/unlock the doors. I've tried it with that enable/disable remote switch under the steering wheel in both positions, still no go. Doors don't respond, and it looks like alarm doesnt engage (no blinking red light on the dinstrument cluster, nor at the base of the windshield. How can I figure out whats going on?

Thanks.
Old 05-05-05, 02:47 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you install the batteries backwards? Is it the right battery?
Old 05-10-05, 08:09 AM
MONSTER
Pole Position

Stock alarm WORKS!!!!! The key remote still doesnt work, but stock alarm does engage and work, I tested it (when I lock the doors manually). Little SECURITY light blinks, and then you open the door thru the open window it flashes lights and sounds horn. Sweet!

That little reddish thingy sitting on the dash in the drivers corner (by the VIN tag under the windshield), is that supposed to be the blinking LED light for the alarm, or just a receiver for remote key?? Mine doesn't light up when alarm is engaged.

Tnx
Old 05-16-05, 01:43 AM
MURRUM
Driver School Candidate

Default Alarm

I have a similar problem. Installed aftermarket alarm and there seems to be a problem with the factory alarm being the primary. My keyless entry with the new alarm does not work all the time cuz the factory alarms seems to over ride. Is there a way to disable the factory alarm?
Old 05-22-05, 12:55 AM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Kind of off topic, but close....

How exactly is the factory alarm suppose to work? If it's suppose to be like a normal alarm, mine is messed up. I can arm it , and then sometimes go off when I put my head in the car, and then unlock it from inside with the window open. If I don't have my head in the window, the alarm doesn't trigger. Is there a motion sensor or something?

Another thing, is it suppose to make that beep beep noise when you lock, unlock the doors, or did that come only in 95+ models?

Last edited by CP_Ree; 05-22-05 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-24-05, 11:53 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the EXACT problem.
Old 05-25-05, 08:39 PM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MURRUM
Is there a way to disable the factory alarm?
I need an answer for this question as well. i installed aftermarket alarm on my car 4 months ago, everything worked perfectly but today my brother was trying to open the trunk and turned the remote switch on and left it like that, so when i got home i turned my aftermarket alarm on and as i was walking away from the car, factory alarm went off, reason i know the diffrence between factory and aftermarket is because when factory one goes off, its my horn blaring but when aftermarket goes off, its loud chirping noise, after a while my brother told me he hit a switch which didnt do anything and i realized he switched the remote switch on so i turned it off and armed the aftermarket alarm again and once again, factory one goes off (my horn), pissed off, i didnt arm the alarm and just sat in the car, after a while my dash lights would blink and stop, so i need to remove the factory one or anyone have any other idea's to stop this madness.
Old 06-06-05, 10:44 PM
MURRUM
Driver School Candidate

Default Factory alarm

I think that I turned it off. Was just playing with the on/off toggle switch underneath the steering wheel (left side). Put the key in the ignition first, then turn the toggle off. Hope it works for you.