Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVIC-N1 Install help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-05, 11:31 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Pioneer AVIC-N1 Install help

Ok. I have a 2000 ES300 and I just bought the Pioneer AVIC-N1. (CD/DVD/MP3/Navi) And I've got everything hooked up but I dont know where to locate the speed signal sensor. The instructions in the pioneer manual says its near the Vehicle injection computer. Could someone please help me locate this. Pleaasseeeee.
Old 06-07-05, 11:32 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

A picture of what its going in
Old 06-12-05, 08:10 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

THE 2000 ES300 NEVER CAME WITH FACTORY NAVIGATION so you will have to tap the cruise control speed sensor right at the ecm( electronioc contreol module)ecu. go on toyota tis library and pay 10.00 for 1 day and copy all the files on your 2000 es for wiring diagram for cruise control. them go to repair manual and go to diagnostics and then to cruise control and to ecm and you will find the right wire to tap. once its installed i can convert your 6 disc glovebox cd changer to work with the avic n with full cd text capability. the reason you want to preserve yur changer is first od all you would have to remove the map dvd everytime you would want to listen to a cd. second of all your factory es300 changer is a high end changerr made in japan not the low end malaysia changers sold now as pioneer aftermarket. thid reason is it keeps the location in the glovebox. which was weell designed. the aftermarket pioneer swiched to door on the right so it doesnt fit in correctly.

Last edited by lexusaudio; 06-12-05 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-13-05, 05:17 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Are u sure the 2000 ES300 came with Navi? Well it dosent matter anyway cause I ended up just working on it for a while Friday night and Saturday morning and I've got it in and working. I'll be sure to post some pics. But thanks for the help.
Old 11-03-05, 08:43 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you ever post pics? I'm going to install the Kenwood KVT-910 and KNADV2100 (when it arrives) and I'm thinking of doing it myself on my 99 ES300 Coach. My car has no Navi now and this would be the first time I'd be doing this. How long did it take you to install your setup and on a scale of 1-10 ten being the hardest, how would you rank the install process? Thanks
Old 11-13-05, 10:34 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
Ok. I have a 2000 ES300 and I just bought the Pioneer AVIC-N1. (CD/DVD/MP3/Navi) And I've got everything hooked up but I dont know where to locate the speed signal sensor. The instructions in the pioneer manual says its near the Vehicle injection computer. Could someone please help me locate this. Pleaasseeeee.
Anyword on what happened afrter the install? Did you ever post pics? Where was the wire located by the way? I'm asking all this because I'm about to install my Kenwood KVT-910 and then install the KNA-dv2100 navi right after that so I'm desperately in need to know where the wires are.

That other option to get the Lexus/Toyota manuals isn't a bad idea afterall. I'll do that if no one posts here by tomorrow
Old 11-13-05, 10:43 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Good job Smitty,

What part of MD are you located? I'd like to see your setup.
Old 11-14-05, 06:13 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

I'm in Upper Marlboro.
Old 11-14-05, 08:37 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Smitty are your pics in the gallery?
Old 11-15-05, 04:10 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

I took a quick picture after I did the install. Its not that great of a picture but I'll take some when I get home this afternoon.

Old 11-15-05, 09:18 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Cool! If only you knew what I went through last night lol. I'll have updated pics after I finish the install in a few hours but man oh man! Let's just say I started at 10 and didn't get in teh bed until 5am and I'm not done yet. Most of the time was spent making wire extensions due to the seller cutting the wires super short for some God forsaken reason. Anyhow hows that system treating you? Is the Xm/traffic navi all that its cooked up to be?
Old 11-15-05, 11:26 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

I love the system its great. I dont have the XM Navi yet but a friend of mine has it and he says its cool. He lives in MD and works in VA so traffic is always jacked up. But so far I love it. I especially love it since I fixed it so that I can use all of the navi menus and use the DVD while driving. I wanted that so that someone in the passenger seat can look up addresses or watch a movie on long trips while I was driving.
Old 11-15-05, 06:20 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
I love the system its great. I dont have the XM Navi yet but a friend of mine has it and he says its cool. He lives in MD and works in VA so traffic is always jacked up. But so far I love it. I especially love it since I fixed it so that I can use all of the navi menus and use the DVD while driving. I wanted that so that someone in the passenger seat can look up addresses or watch a movie on long trips while I was driving.

Brother, I'm right behind you (just not literally)! I finished the KVT-910 KEnwood install a couple hours ago and I'm doing the navi tomorrow morning. I've had enough of my car and wires everywhere for a day hehe! The real challange was getting it all back together clean but another victory for us Lexus guys huh! This was my first install. What about you?
Old 11-16-05, 04:02 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Brother, I'm right behind you (just not literally)! I finished the KVT-910 KEnwood install a couple hours ago and I'm doing the navi tomorrow morning. I've had enough of my car and wires everywhere for a day hehe! The real challange was getting it all back together clean but another victory for us Lexus guys huh! This was my first install. What about you?
I've done a few installs. I also installed my amp and 2 15's as well in my ES. Congrats on getting it done. I cant wait to see it.
Old 11-16-05, 07:56 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Yeah now the only thing is the system reveals how crappy the OEM speakers sound by themselves without any sub etc. I can't wait to finally upgrade everything in due time. I'm gonna go tackle this navi install in about an hour then I've got to get back to the HID retrofit I'm working on in the lighting section hehe. Don't worry pics will be up in fact I'm going to do an entire write up with does an don'ts to installing a headunit in the ES300 so look for that too

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC-N1 Install help