Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Did anyone do Infinite Baffle/Free-AIr Sub Application on rear deck on GS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-05, 09:12 PM
Panerai127
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Did anyone do Infinite Baffle/Free-AIr Sub Application on rear deck on GS?

I finally got all my components and ready to upgrade my sound system. I need some expert advise on the sub application I should use in my 01 GS430. I wanted to keep the car looking stock inside. I will use my premium sound head unit, 6.5' Infinity Kappa components in front doors, 6.6' Kappa speakers in the back doors and I wanted to fit 12" Infinity Perfect VQ sub I just bought in my back deck where the stock sub used to be (I bought the car and it was missing, someone had system in this car) This sub you could use in any application, that is why I bought and it was reviewed wounderfully by Car Audio Mag and other people I spoke with. So my question is did anyone do this kind of application and how does it sound? Also do I need to buy Dynamat and do my whole trunk and back deck and should I Dynamat in my doors as well? So I will seal everything in the trunk to act as a box for the free air sub application. A lot of people told me just o put this sub in 1cubic feet box, sealed in the trunk. I had 3 systems before with sealed, bandpass, and I never enjoyed the bass, it was always too distorted. I will power the speakers with JL Audio 300/4 and the sub with 500/1 amps. Anyone has any thought on this set up and how might the sub sound in this set up. I should theoreticaly have cleaner bass since it will be going to my cabin from the rear deck without having to bounce of the trunk to the cabin if I went with sealed box?!
Old 06-08-05, 01:28 AM
nicola
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this exact setup. The deck and surrounding pieces rattled like hell, even with dynamat all over. I gave up and threw the sub in a box - no rattles and it sounds much better.
Old 07-11-05, 03:40 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Gs

I have the free air set up and LOVE it. I replaced the pioneer with a Kicker free air and a kicker mono amp. Dynamtted the trunk and secured everything nice and tight.. Hits very nice and clean. No bottoming out or flat bass. Of course this is only for my enjoyment, as I could care less if anyone else hears my music. But in the cra.. I always get compliments on the sound as it LOOKS to be stock... No big speaker box or tricked out trunk set up.... I am driving a Lexus not a Honda..

Hope this helps...
Rock