Sponsored by:

i hate my fatory cd player !?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-05, 05:49 PM
hbsc300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry i hate my fatory cd player !?!?!

Well........i like to listen to music in my car.....and the only thing thats holding me back is my cd changer. I mean, i understand that the player is not exactly "burnt cd" friendly, but on top of that my cd player barely even works on "real" cds. Also every little bump that i encounter, the cd player stops working! The only means of music i have is radio, which i don't mind, but its nice to listen to cd every once in a while. I really want to get rid of the factory 12-disk cd changer and just get out in a regular head unit in the front dash. Is it expensive to get a new head unit installed? or Should i just get another factory cd-changer? Any other options or ideas?

Thanks for the thoughts.
Old 06-08-05, 06:17 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear.

i love my cd changer not to rub it in or anything.

only downside is the loading of the mag. mine plays burned cd's perfectly fine
Old 06-08-05, 07:00 PM
Mr. SC300
Pole Position

hmm im just wondering, are all cd changers the same in all lexus'? Cause I have a cd changer from a 93 gs300 thats not in use.

-romeo
Old 06-08-05, 07:29 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blaccSC300
hmm im just wondering, are all cd changers the same in all lexus'? Cause I have a cd changer from a 93 gs300 thats not in use.

-romeo
I think the one from a GS300 should fit. Someone made one from an IS300 fit perfectly. I also hate my factory cd player!!! . My car is lowered so I hit alot of bumps and it keeps skipping or doesnt even play at all at times. I notice that when I play a burned CD that was burned at a speed lower than 40x reads better than one burned at 40x. I dont know if that could be it. I too was considering buying an after market CD changer but I hear that if you replace the CD changer you have to replace everything which means the head unit too. Is this true??
Old 06-08-05, 07:44 PM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

My player gets an error reading after every 2-3 cd changes. So I have to turn it off for a couple minutes, turn it back on and quickly change to another disk and hope it works.
Old 06-08-05, 08:37 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

ive had my sc for 4 yrs , mine was broken when i bought the car.But i was able to get mine to play for 2 months about 2 years ago, before it became useless again-sounded awesome when it worked.
Old 06-08-05, 10:28 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont know if things have changed, but there are no aftermarket CD changers that can communicate with either the Pioneer or Nakamichi HU. If you go aftermarket, you have to change the whole system. There were some adapters sold years ago that stated they could translate the signal, but never really worked. The best replacement for the 12 disc changer in the SC is a <96 ES 6 disc changer. They are more skip proof and load discs quicker. Down side, they too are getting harder and harder to find.
Old 06-09-05, 11:06 AM
CompuMan
Pole Position

Default My FIX

Check out this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159440
It is how I solved my CD-Changer problem. Look for the Compuman reply. It has a pic.

Old 06-16-05, 10:52 PM
sluggo
Driver School Candidate

You could try isolating the CD player by putting rubber grommets at all the mounting points. Doing this will help reduce the shock the CD player sees when you hit a bump. At the points where the mounting bracket connects to the car and where it connects to the player, just put a grommet between the pieces of metal being attached and between the bolt head and the bracket. Basically, you sandwich the bracket between two grommets at each mounting point.

If that doesn't work just take the support brackets out altogether and make an enclosure out of thick bedding foam, cut to fit. A bit more work involved, but pretty much guaranteed to cure the problem.

sluggo