Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Which of these subs would you guys go with...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-01, 02:11 PM
sirsomo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, ive finally decided to add a little low-end bass to my GS. My problem is choosing which brand to go with, I have been out of the car audio world for a while so do not know what all is out there. I want to run (2) 4 ohm 12'' subs, in a sealed enclosure behind the rear seat. My 3 options right now are:
CDT Audio Versabox
OZ Audio Matrix
Image Dynamics IDQ

I like these subs because they are relatively cheap and have a good sq/spl balance. Id love to run a Focal Utopia but I dont see the need for spending that much cash right now. Thanks
Old 06-25-01, 02:26 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink 2 Outta 3!

Sir - Not familar with the CDT brand but, of the 2 remaining brands that I HAVE heard, I like the Oz for SPL & the ID for SQ. Personally, neither of them R my favorite subs but know that the Oz subs will make some pressure ( in a friend's S-10 ) & he hasn't hurt them yet ( give him some more time!! ). BTW - Might be pulling my enclosure out so watch for it in the classifieds if I do so.
Old 06-28-01, 09:07 PM
KNKGS400
Pole Position

sirsomo- have you consider JL audio 12" subs because i just place them i my car and man does it rock @ 4 ohms already, are you sure you want to go down to 2 ohms? let me know if you live in the bayarea your more than welcome to hear my set up and see what you think. One word of warning to you if u have a spoiler with an light on it be worn that it does rattle and there nothing u can do about it...as far as i know..hope this helps.
Old 06-30-01, 12:45 PM
sirsomo
Pole Position

Thanks for the replies guys. I cant decide which of the 3 to go with, thats why I asked for outside opinions. Looks like I'll have to do more research.