Sponsored by:

BassLink Overpowering Stock Sub

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-05, 01:30 AM
Lexologist
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BassLink Overpowering Stock Sub

I have done car audio before, and know how messy things can get. I would like to keep it as simple as possible, so I am looking at the BassLinks. I really like the Harmon Kardon/Infinity brand, where these all in one units get great reviews. I am specifically looking at 2 units.

Since the factory sub is free air, using the trunk as its enclosure, how many subs will interfere with the excursion of the stock sub? It is apparent that I can not place two 12" Perfects back there and expect for the stock sub to work the same.

I am interested in keeping the stock look all around and would like the stock sub to play as good as it has been. Will 2 Basslinks interfere with the trunk pressure too much? How about 1 BassLink?

Also I am concerned about impendance issues when tapping the preline amp wire. Do i have to worry about wiring in series, etc..not sure?...

SC400
Premium NAK System
Old 06-13-05, 01:33 AM
Lexologist
Driver

Also is anyone using a capacitor with 1 All-in-one-Unit, or 2? Is it not necessary? Not looking forward to dimming headlights.

I dont think it will be a problem since the SCs have a stock high output alternate, but would like to make sure.
Old 06-13-05, 05:13 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not just pull out the stock sub so you dont have to worry about it, it sucks anyway
Old 06-13-05, 08:21 AM
Lexologist
Driver

...i wouldnt say mine sucks. I actually like it..i think it is quite tasteful and crisp. I have had the dual-amp, 2 Aluminum 12"s, capacitors, etc, and think for all the work put into, it does not pay off as much as it should.

I sold my last block rattling system after a woman got out of her car, walked 7 cars down to me at a stoplight, and politely asked me to turn my music down b/c her newborn was sleeping...

My OEM sub rattles my rearview mirror. Good Bass . Not crazy; at my most insane I had a system that rattled my teeth. Overkill...

But I like the "little Free-Air wonder" and my motto is alway "appear" stock.

..so it stays..