Sponsored by:

ES Security

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-05, 09:47 PM
P_M_G
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES Security

Yes...I know there are a dozen plus posts (as noted by DaveGS4 in a recent one) about alarm recommendations, but they all seem to revolve around cool mods and adding **** like changing air pressure to lower your ride remotely when the chicks walk by....

Here's my deal....my gold old plain '94 ES300 (purchased 03/05) and I'm not sure if it has security or not. There's a little red light by the windshield in the center of the dash - which usually indicates the presence of an alarm - but I've never seen it on. My doors lock/unlock with my key (no fob), but even when it's locked I can open the trunk with the key - a no alarm sounds.

Now, my key battery seems to be on it's last legs (doubt ever replaced in the 11 years the ES has been around) - I saw in a thread somewhere that the dealer would replace it free (but do I still get a loaner ?)....but I'm thinking I'd actually like an alarm.

I don't need autostart, auto windows, auto seat warming (I live in California for cryin out loud), auto lowering , proximity sensors, LCDs, or anything that calls my cell phone to tell me that there's a strange dude looking at her. I'm not pokin fun of the folks with all these options, but most have spent more on mods than I did on the whole ES to begin with!

All I want is basic alarm with keyless entry, remote trunk release, maybe a motion sensor (but need to be able to adjust to minimize false alarms)....

Suggestions?

Also looking for a recommended installer in the Orange County, CA area (preferably south county / Irvine area)....

HELP!