CD Changer (Nakamichi)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-05, 12:25 AM
Kaukau
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thank you so much !!!

Dear Sluggo,

Thank you for very well descriptive message again!
So I woke up early this morning and worked on my car for a whole day long to fix the problem on my CD changer. I found the Vinyl Cleaner at the radio shack. I followed exactly what you wrote on this forum. I applied some of it to the rubber roller then made sure that it pinches CD well out from the magazine. Cleaned CD magazine as well. After the fresh cleaning. CD changer picked up the CD correctly and everything suppose to work perfect...however unfortunately I could not fix the problem. I guess my CD-changer pick up the CD great and change the CDs properly as well. But on the tuner inside of the car, still keep saying ''Err'. I guess that a reading CD part of my CD changer has been broken.' I used CD-lens clear as well. I found out that a CD was stacked inside of the CD-reading part before I pressed the 2 buttons. I forced to pull it out from there. The CD was scratched up badly. This may caused an entire problem on my CD changer...

Well...at least I did everything that I could to fix it as much as I can, thanks for the big help.
Thank you very much again for your help, Sluggo, CompuMan, SC300Es, and T0ked!
Old 07-03-05, 12:41 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

You get the Err message because the changer doesn't spin the disc. What happened with mine was the lens would move back and forth and not be able to read the CD, therefore it would never start spinning. Once I moved the lens, it started to spin the CDs.

Ed
Old 07-03-05, 08:05 AM
Kaukau
Driver

Originally Posted by SC300Es
You get the Err message because the changer doesn't spin the disc. What happened with mine was the lens would move back and forth and not be able to read the CD, therefore it would never start spinning. Once I moved the lens, it started to spin the CDs.

Ed
Dear SC300Es, Thank you for your posting again. Would you mind if you could tell me how to move the lens of the changer, please?
Old 07-03-05, 01:15 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I just pushed it.
I did this because I had nothing to lose at the time. I was already thinking about shopping for a replacement. I messed around with it, and it worked.
Old 07-03-05, 03:48 PM
Kaukau
Driver

Post Lens

Originally Posted by SC300Es
I just pushed it.
I did this because I had nothing to lose at the time. I was already thinking about shopping for a replacement. I messed around with it, and it worked.
Thanks for the posting again. I wonder how did you manage to push the lens of the CD-changer? Did you decompose the CD-Changer or? I took my CD-changer out from the trunk and tried to look for the lens, however I cannot see and find it from outside. I can see the rubber rollers, some motors make the magazine up and down, so forth. Is the lens located deep inside of CD-changer or reachable from the space out from the magazine? Maybe your CD-Changer and mine are different? Mine is way older than yours. Thank for your help again in advance.

By the way, I brought my car to the Toyota body shop and ask to fix the CD-Changer yesterday. Its going to cost me around $500 estimate! Its just a ridiculous price...I am so upset the guy took a look my CD-changer. He didnt take off his watch so he scraches body...rear bumper and rear spoiler.....sigh Please be careful when you bring the car in to any car shops...They dont take care of the cars as much as you do...

Last edited by Kaukau; 07-03-05 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-04-05, 03:03 PM
sluggo
Driver School Candidate

Hey Kaukau -

Dang. Sorry it still doesn't work. If you like, you can send it to me and I'd be happy to take a look at it for you. I have some experience with this stuff. Send me a PM if you're interested.

sluggo