Sponsored by:

Cd changer with navi unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-05, 04:16 PM
jazba
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cd changer with navi unit

Does anybody know what kind of cd changer comes with the rx300s that have the navi system? Is it the same as the non navi systems ? Thanks.
Old 06-28-05, 04:46 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i am the worlds expert on lexus cd changers by my own admission and 1 will attempt to put my knowledge down in writing,................................................................................................................................ the changer you need is one compatible with the pioneer made rx300 stereo system. it has to be the pioneer system changer because the navi system doesnt support the nakamichi system. so you need part number 86270-48020. the usual price is 250.00 outright. or 175.00 exchange for your broken one.you can triple that price for a dealer refub and 10 times higher for a new one from the dealer.(yes list price is $2,471,59 for a new rx300 cd changer from the lexus dealer) the pioneer system navigation radio has p1725 on the cassette flap door............................................................................................................so to recap the answer there are only 2 models of rx300 cd changers and they are not compatible with each other and both are made by pioneer. there is a pioneer system changer that all navi cars need and a nakamichi system changer which was not available on the navi cars. the confusing thing for buyers is that the non compatible nakamichi system digital output changer was made by pioneer not nakamnichi. . so dont make the mistake of buying the pioneer made changer for the nakamichi system. make sure it is the part number 86270-48020 and not any other ones even if they did come out of an rx300.
Old 06-28-05, 07:07 PM
jazba
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusaudio
i am the worlds expert on lexus cd changers by my own admission and 1 will attempt to put my knowledge down in writing,................................................................................................................................ the changer you need is one compatible with the pioneer made rx300 stereo system. it has to be the pioneer system changer because the navi system doesnt support the nakamichi system. so you need part number 86270-48020. the usual price is 250.00 outright. or 175.00 exchange for your broken one.you can triple that price for a dealer refub and 10 times higher for a new one from the dealer.(yes list price is $2,471,59 for a new rx300 cd changer from the lexus dealer) the pioneer system navigation radio has p1725 on the cassette flap door............................................................................................................so to recap the answer there are only 2 models of rx300 cd changers and they are not compatible with each other and both are made by pioneer. there is a pioneer system changer that all navi cars need and a nakamichi system changer which was not available on the navi cars. the confusing thing for buyers is that the non compatible nakamichi system digital output changer was made by pioneer not nakamnichi. . so dont make the mistake of buying the pioneer made changer for the nakamichi system. make sure it is the part number 86270-48020 and not any other ones even if they did come out of an rx300.
excellent. thank you so much for the part number. i just bought a RX but it doesnt have a cd changer. I dont know if it was removed by the previous owner or if it was stolen or w/e. Do you know where i can purchase a cd changer cheap? Thanks.
Old 06-30-05, 03:38 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

any luck finding the rx300 cd changer. i have a brand new genuine rx300 changer that comes with all the glovebox panels if your rx never had a changer before.