Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

GS400/300 double din dash kit PART# HERE

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-05, 08:58 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i guess i will be doing a double din soon...idk but i am getting tired of this flip out ****! the flip out is cool in that it is motorized and pimp....but i want something more stock looking plus having a double din screen wont block the ac controls, ac vents, etc.
Old 07-06-05, 09:29 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
i guess i will be doing a double din soon...idk but i am getting tired of this flip out ****! the flip out is cool in that it is motorized and pimp....but i want something more stock looking plus having a double din screen wont block the ac controls, ac vents, etc.
You do know many of the double din units are 'motorized and pimp' too, right Just more stock looking when its flush.

I did a quick video of it a while back if you want to see what it looks like from the Eclipse HU(right click save as here) .

Tilt

All the way open

Movie

MP3 (note, the changer does not do Mp3s, only the single disk in dash)

Nav

Rear view camera (yes it can stay on when I drive)
Old 07-06-05, 09:31 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

rizgs300, if you want to check my setup out compared to yours in person, please sign up for our big east coast meet in August near Baltimore.

www.lexfest.net for details and to sign up (or click my signature)
Old 07-07-05, 12:13 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
rizgs300, if you want to check my setup out compared to yours in person, please sign up for our big east coast meet in August near Baltimore.

www.lexfest.net for details and to sign up (or click my signature)
Damn, Dave, I like that alot. I cant wait to see that in person at the East Coast meet. Nice vid.

It looks like there's two CD slots, one for the NAV CD, and one for the regular CD, so you don't have to switch back and forth all the time. Cool.

And I like the rear view keyhole camera too.

That's a nice all around unit.

But I have to save for the headunit, and also the CD changer, and amp upgrade, AND speaker upgrade. Gets expensive fast.

Looks like I will have to wait a while. Luckily my stock unit sounds plenty good to me tho (with a little added bass and highs). But I'll add the entire stereo upgrade to my 2006 wishlist. I'm done now for all major 2005 mods.
Old 07-07-05, 12:36 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
It looks like there's two CD slots, one for the NAV CD, and one for the regular CD, so you don't have to switch back and forth all the time. Cool.
Actually, the Nav slot is a DVD player. That's how you watch movies.
Old 07-07-05, 08:56 AM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

IF you're going to buy new, get the new version of the AVN 2454 headunit - the low voltage outputs have been converted to higher voltage (better) and other nice tweaks.

Or better yet get the New Just releashed AVN5495.
Old 07-07-05, 09:02 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by TYPEII
Or better yet get the New Just releashed AVN5495.
Thats exactly the one I mean Just to lazy to look it up.
Old 07-07-05, 10:37 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, here's my question.....I just installed my Kenwood double din monitor today using the Toyota double din panel. Will the trim ring with that kit work on the Toyota double din piece? Im assuming that it will, but I would prefer to get feedback from someone that has done it before I spend $30 for nothing. I will not use the other kit, the Toyota part is money......exact color match, etc..
Old 07-07-05, 10:48 AM
Neo
The One

Thats exactly the one I mean Just to lazy to look it up.
Actually, the replacement is the 5435. The 5495 is the "upgraded" HD music/nav unit.
Old 07-07-05, 10:55 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Neo
Actually, the replacement is the 5435. The 5495 is the "upgraded" HD music/nav unit.
Lol, so not only am I lazy, I'm ill-informed Good catch
Old 07-07-05, 11:03 AM
Neo
The One

Lol, so not only am I lazy, I'm ill-informed Good catch
LOL. That's because you are done with that phase. I am still/back on the hunt.
Old 07-08-05, 07:59 AM
rizgs300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) If you're using just the amps in the headunit you should really reconsider and add an aftermarket amp. Find a nice 5 channel amp and let it drive the speakers. There may be a way to send a signal to your OEM amp but I'm not aware of it. I use two JL subs to power my speakers and sub (also aftermarket)

2) I have that problem with mine as well, although not as bad as I used to be. Next time in I'm doing a grounding kit and adding some additional filters. Make sure the satellite wiring is physically as far from the FM antenna input as you can.

Also - it was very easy, I just signed the credit card receipt for my installer to do it . Yes, the in-dash still works. I use that for an MP3 loaded disk and the glovebox for 'real' CDs.
Thanks, Dave. I'll definitely be on the lookout for a nice amp. I really like your set-up and will probably also be looking to add the rearview camera and cd changer. I wanted to ask you another question about sound - do you think additional speakers are a good idea or do you think the factory speakers will be OK (after adding an amp, of course). I don't blast my music much but do want to retain the way the sound system sounded before I modded the inside. The last piece is that dash kit....man, it looks ugly right now with the gaps all around it, but the pics of your inside with the right trim look unbelievably nice...
Old 07-08-05, 08:07 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by rizgs300
Thanks, Dave. I'll definitely be on the lookout for a nice amp. I really like your set-up and will probably also be looking to add the rearview camera and cd changer. I wanted to ask you another question about sound - do you think additional speakers are a good idea or do you think the factory speakers will be OK (after adding an amp, of course). I don't blast my music much but do want to retain the way the sound system sounded before I modded the inside. The last piece is that dash kit....man, it looks ugly right now with the gaps all around it, but the pics of your inside with the right trim look unbelievably nice...
I would change the speakers out before I do anything else... they're the weakest link IMO in the factory Pioneer setup (non_Nak non_ML) There are lots of threads on speakers in the Lexus Audio Video forum which is where this thread is headed shortly .

'Additional speakers' no, just replace the OEM ones with better speakers.
Old 07-08-05, 08:40 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
dave youre gonna boot my thread over there again? lol thats why i remade this one, lots of gs owners wont bother to look over there and the ORIGINAL topic of this thread is in direct relation to the GS model. chugottadowhachugottado tho lol rock on.
Yeah, but as you can see it has turning into a Q&A on A/V That's what the other forum is for.
Old 07-08-05, 10:02 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
just lock it down so it cant be added to then and people will still have easy access to the part number no?
No. The search tool works for the entire forum, and if somebody asks about it here, members and moderators will redirect them to this post (and others) on the same topic.

Quick Reply: GS400/300 double din dash kit PART# HERE