Sponsored by:

GS400/300 double din dash kit PART# HERE

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-05, 01:12 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GS400/300 double din dash kit PART# HERE

forum mod/admin- i know the original thread got moved, but i think there were a bunch of GS400/300 guys that really wanted to know the name of this kit for their GS since it is a PITA to find. and since this part IS vehicle specific, i'm listing it here as well. heres the original post from my other thread that got moved:

Originally Posted by stock4now
The install looks great.

Can I ask where you got that border around the head unit?(looks kinda like a frame) I have the same headunit. I got the double din kit from carson toyota. I've seen that border on a few installs but no one has answered me. Please let me know.

alright buddy. the basement hunting has paid off. your part number for the exact dash kit installed in my car is: BKLXSK1315. this part is made by BEST KITS. you can order this kit HERE and its only $30. good luck!

Old 07-05-05, 08:39 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Find!
Old 07-06-05, 05:07 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
forum mod/admin- i know the original thread got moved, but i think there were a bunch of GS400/300 guys that really wanted to know the name of this kit for their GS since it is a PITA to find. and since this part IS vehicle specific, i'm listing it here as well. heres the original post from my other thread that got moved:

Originally Posted by stock4now
The install looks great.

Can I ask where you got that border around the head unit?(looks kinda like a frame) I have the same headunit. I got the double din kit from carson toyota. I've seen that border on a few installs but no one has answered me. Please let me know.

alright buddy. the basement hunting has paid off. your part number for the exact dash kit installed in my car is: BKLXSK1315. this part is made by BEST KITS. you can order this kit HERE and its only $30. good luck!

That look Hot! What head unit is that?
Old 07-06-05, 05:48 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its the eclipse avn2454.
Old 07-06-05, 08:58 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

its the eclipse avn2454.
does it run off of factory amp and speakers? how much is it if you don't mind?
Old 07-06-05, 09:22 AM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a nice kit. thanks
Old 07-06-05, 11:42 AM
runyun
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats abs plastic correct?

Who makes the one DaveGS4 has? His radio trim looks OEM
Old 07-06-05, 12:29 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by runyun
Thats abs plastic correct?

Who makes the one DaveGS4 has? His radio trim looks OEM
Mine is custom.
Old 07-06-05, 12:46 PM
rizgs300
Rookie

Hey UpstateGS4,

I have the same head unit in my car, just got it put in 2 weeks ago. Tried to trim down some ABS plastic to fill in the gaps but it didn't work well. I wish this post was here yesterday, because I just ordered another double din dash kit that *I think* will work yesterday afternoon. Does this look anything like what yours did when it came in?

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=1726

By the way the satellite radio in the ashtray is genius. Didn't even think of that when mine got put in. How did you trim that out?

Sick Interior.
Old 07-06-05, 02:37 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its the eclipse avn2454.
Which is better? The Eclispe AVN2454 or the Pioneer Navi Unit?

I don't care about DVD stuff, which one has the best Navi...you know, user-friendly and such?

The Pioneer doesn't have voice commands...does the Eclipse?
Old 07-06-05, 02:51 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Which is better? The Eclispe AVN2454 or the Pioneer Navi Unit?

I don't care about DVD stuff, which one has the best Navi...you know, user-friendly and such?

The Pioneer doesn't have voice commands...does the Eclipse?
IF you're going to buy new, get the new version of the AVN 2454 headunit - the low voltage outputs have been converted to higher voltage (better) and other nice tweaks.

The Eclipse does not have voice command, but it is touchscreen. Nav is very nice and one of the reasons I liked it is that the parent company (Fujitsu) makes a lot of the OEM Nav systems for Lexus so it looks just like the nav on the new LS430.

I haven't seen the latest Pioneer to compare.
Old 07-06-05, 04:13 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
IF you're going to buy new, get the new version of the AVN 2454 headunit - the low voltage outputs have been converted to higher voltage (better) and other nice tweaks.

The Eclipse does not have voice command, but it is touchscreen. Nav is very nice and one of the reasons I liked it is that the parent company (Fujitsu) makes a lot of the OEM Nav systems for Lexus so it looks just like the nav on the new LS430.

I haven't seen the latest Pioneer to compare.
Thanks, Dave...

And were you able to use the factory CD changer in glovebox with Eclipse headunit?
Old 07-06-05, 05:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Thanks, Dave...

And were you able to use the factory CD changer in glovebox with Eclipse headunit?
No, I replaced it with an Eclipse 8 disk changer in the same location. Nothing OEM left in my A/V setup.
Old 07-06-05, 05:57 PM
rizgs300
Rookie

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
No, I replaced it with an Eclipse 8 disk changer in the same location. Nothing OEM left in my A/V setup.

Dave,

Did you have to do anything with audio output at all? I noticed after installing this (AVN2494) in my car, it does two things:

1 - The sound quality isn't as good as it used to be. The factory sub is not wired in -- do you know if there is a way to do it? My installer informed me that I couldn't use the sub unless I added another amp, or something along those lines.
2 - In VTR mode (where I play satellite radio), there is a whining nopise that gets louder when I accelerate.

Also, how hard was it to install the CD changer? Will the unit still play CD's directly inserted into the unit?
Old 07-06-05, 06:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by rizgs300
Dave,

Did you have to do anything with audio output at all? I noticed after installing this (AVN2494) in my car, it does two things:

1 - The sound quality isn't as good as it used to be. The factory sub is not wired in -- do you know if there is a way to do it? My installer informed me that I couldn't use the sub unless I added another amp, or something along those lines.
2 - In VTR mode (where I play satellite radio), there is a whining nopise that gets louder when I accelerate.

Also, how hard was it to install the CD changer? Will the unit still play CD's directly inserted into the unit?
1) If you're using just the amps in the headunit you should really reconsider and add an aftermarket amp. Find a nice 5 channel amp and let it drive the speakers. There may be a way to send a signal to your OEM amp but I'm not aware of it. I use two JL subs to power my speakers and sub (also aftermarket)

2) I have that problem with mine as well, although not as bad as I used to be. Next time in I'm doing a grounding kit and adding some additional filters. Make sure the satellite wiring is physically as far from the FM antenna input as you can.

Also - it was very easy, I just signed the credit card receipt for my installer to do it . Yes, the in-dash still works. I use that for an MP3 loaded disk and the glovebox for 'real' CDs.

Quick Reply: GS400/300 double din dash kit PART# HERE