Sponsored by:

Remote Starter ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-05, 07:15 AM
agc
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Starter ?

Well over the weekend I take my car to the local stereo/alarm install shop to have a remote
starter installed in my car. They asked me if I prefer to use my existing system or add a new system. I asked what the difference was and they said distance or starting the car nothing else. Well I opted to use my existing system because I did not want another key fob and figured that I will be starting it from my window, which is right above where I park my car. I go back to pick up my car and guess what when they were showing me how the system works, all of a sudden they tell me that I have to use my key to open the door once the car is remote started. I ask them why it worked this way and they said all Lexus, BMW and etc were all the same. I am pissed because it makes it harder for me to have to carry my kids to the car, unlock it with the key and put them in the car. Does anyone know if they are telling me the truth and if someone can suggest a solution for this. I am in the NYC/NJ area and have a 2000 LS400

Thanks
AC
Old 07-12-05, 09:10 AM
phillipin
Driver

on most clifford or viper based remote starts will lock the car on start up, then as you walk to the car you should be able to unlock he car remotely, if they didnt hook up the remote unlock wiring then they were lazy or they sold you a really really low priced remote start controller make for a car without power locks
Old 07-12-05, 10:16 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by phillipin
on most clifford or viper based remote starts will lock the car on start up, then as you walk to the car you should be able to unlock he car remotely, if they didnt hook up the remote unlock wiring then they were lazy or they sold you a really really low priced remote start controller make for a car without power locks
Yeah, the viper alarm that i have (791xv) allows the driver to start the car while the doors are still locked.