Sponsored by:

Remote Transponder key lost - replacement thanks to Frank's Locksmith

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-05, 12:20 PM
RMR 470
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Transponder key lost - replacement thanks to Frank's Locksmith

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to share my, ultimately happy, tale of replacing a lost remote/transponder key for my LX470.

I made a huge blunder in buying a blank key with electronics off of eBay and then had it cut locally. Gosh was I pleased with myself at saving a bunch of dollars.

Well, all was fine until I tried to program it. No problem with the remote locking but the transponder - no go. And literally ten minutes in the damn plastic body cracked open and the metal key was revealed to be superglued in.

To cut a long story short, I wasted a bunch of time tryng to program this before contacting Tami from the Club Lexus sponsor Frank's Locksmith. Tami was great, and went far above and beyond what anyone could expect in sorting me out.

Moral of the story: be careful if you buy from eBay - even if the transponder is the right unit for your car (mine wasn't) the darn thing is likely to break open and that Tami from Franks does us Club Lexus members a very very finee service.

[I've no connection with any of the businesses apart from being a happy customer of Franks]