Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

cd changer problem???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-01, 09:13 PM
atb2341

i have a 98 es300 and my cd changer wont read the cds and says "err 1" does anyone know what that means..any help would be great...
Old 08-03-01, 07:48 AM
wassup
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know the answer to your question but I was wondering if you can help me. I have a 98 ES300 and someone gave me a CD changer but I'm not sure what year of the car if it matters. I can't seem to find the wiring in the car for the changer. Doesn't it comes pre-wired from the factory? Where is the changer suppose to be ( trunk, left or right )?
Thanks
Old 08-03-01, 05:49 PM
DavidGS300
Driver School Candidate

Reply to ES300 Question:

I am also trying to install a used Lexus six disc cd changer in my glove box of my 2000 GS300.

I have come to understand that when the manual says "Pre-wired" it means the car is ready to accept the cd changer wire harness from the amp to the cd changer. However, the car does not come with the cd changer wire harness. You only get the wire harness when you purchase the cd changer kit ( approximately $800 ) from Lexus.

I spoke to the parts department at my local Lexus dealer who told me he can't just order the wire harness by itself.
Old 08-08-01, 10:34 AM
captclam
Rookie

Cool Err1

I know exactly the cause of the problem...

There is something wrong with the changer!!

Seriously,

Have someone sit in the car and push the disc selection button. (with the mag full)

Do you hear the changer attempting to change discs?

If so, you have a dirty changer that needs to be cleaned. I had to send mine away to have it cleaned. I actually made the used car dealer do it before I purchase the car. He told me the cost was around $70 to have Lexus service the unit. He also said it was common and would need to be done every couple of years.

If you do not hear the discs moving or the cartridge itself is not loading the disc then I don't know what to tell you. If the system errors out on attempting to load the disc you may want to borrow someones magazine and try that. Your could be heat warped or something ( I just made that up, but it sounds pretty reasonable doesn't it?)

Respectfully,

Kirk Davis
a.k.a Captain Clam

"guessing is what I do for a living"