Sponsored by:

AVH-P7500DVD in 99gs400... no interface with oem cd changer

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-05, 02:53 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVH-P7500DVD in 99gs400... no interface with oem cd changer

as title states... is there any way of using the AVH-P7500DVD to control the oem changer? i bought the car with the system installed and so far no one seems to know how to make it work
Old 09-14-05, 02:40 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

yrs i have converted many oem lexus changers to pioneer compatibility. i need the changer sent to me. it costs 90.00 with shipping to convert it.
e gus mancy
684 onieda dr
springfield, oh 45502
you will pay for the changer when i ship it back and havew the tracking for you.

Last edited by lexusaudio; 09-14-05 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-14-05, 03:02 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

hi... thanks for answering. i had sent a pm also but i guess this works better:

- does it matter if it's a pioneer or nakamichi changer?
- is the modified unit plug and play?
- how long is the turnaround time?

thanks
Old 09-14-05, 05:16 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

i thought i was pm ing you but this is ok.
q1 sure i can modify the 98 to 2000 gs nakmichi changer to pioneer also. the price would be the same and i would need the nakamichi equalizer box also whose wiring plugs into the blue sqaure digital port next to the 12 pin cd changer plug on the back. of the unit. so follow the wire to the eqalizewr and remove that also. its mounted in back of the glovebox.next to several ecus.
q2 yes the modified unit comes plug in and play with the ibus cable and the 12 volt power wire ready to plug into the pioneer system . it also still has all the functions of the lexus changer using the same magazines and having same eject button and fitting in the same glove box brackets and the same case. the added function is that it has cd text now when hooked up to the pioneer headunit even though it didnt have it when lexus changer.
q3 turn around time varies from 1 to 2 weeks but i am not sitting on your 90.00. the payment is due when it is being shipped back to you and you will receive the tracking. it is guaranteed to work perfectly and i will warranty it for the next 180 days after receiving it.

Last edited by lexusaudio; 09-14-05 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-14-05, 08:09 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

okay just got home and i dug out the stock head unit from storage and it's nakamichi. the amp and speakers are nakamichi as well... the cd changer is still installed in the car, but i guess it's safe to assume it's also a nakamichi?

i need to find time this weekend to pull the changer out of the car... any advice/tips?

[edit] i just saw some used pioneer changers in the for sale section for cheap... if i bought one of those for you to modify, can i use that to swap with the nak in our gs?

Last edited by Benjamin T; 09-14-05 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-14-05, 09:03 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

no i am just swapping out the pcb boards. the aftermarket pioneer changers wont work with the lexus changers. the aftermarket are the cheap pioineer changers are of low quality. my modification still uses the made in japan lexus changer a 1000.00 list price item. the pioneer aftermarket changers are made in some third world country that sold for 179.00 when new and wont work and are of poor quality.compared ton the pioneer changers made for the lexus. preserving your 1000.00 list price changer is certainly worth 75.00 and 15.00 for shipiing.
Old 09-14-05, 09:16 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

sorry i wasn't clear... these are used gs400 oem pioneer changers in the classified section of this message board.

i sort of want to keep my oem nakamichi changer for when i sell the car and go back to stock again... but in the meantime can i use an oem pioneer changer modded by u?
Old 09-14-05, 09:27 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

yes i misunderstood. yes that would be fine to get a pioneer system gs changer for me to modify. if i provide the changer the price would double to 150.00 plus 15.00 shipping. so 75.00 for the changer and 75.00 for the mod. chances of finding a 75.00 gs changer on ebay that works well is the problem . mine is guaranteed. to work and has a warranty. and yes . thats a good idea to keep the nak system and reinstall it. if you sell it. the ortiginal equipment is what most buyers want when buying one. the next owner may have no interest in a dvd system. but would appreciate the high end nakmichi system. i have the factory install directions to rermove the changer and can fax them to you. i still have new in the box factory gs glovebox changers also in stock. when lexus increased the price from 1000 to 2,400.in 2002 for the gs changer they clearanced the 98 to 2001 models and i sell the new gs changers for 325.00 and they include the cd changer cable that was missing from the gs300 dash harness from 98 to 2001 if the gs was not ordeered with the cd changer when new. so the range for 98 up gs changers is 75.00 for used working up to new in the box with cd changer cable and glovebox insert for 325.00.

Last edited by lexusaudio; 09-14-05 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-15-05, 08:07 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

the warranty part sounds more appealing imo.

i found a fellow member here who has a oem gs pioneer changer that was modded by u but he needs an unmodded pioneer in trade... and what do i have again?

so in summary... i have a 1999 gs400 that came with an oem nakamichi stereo system w/cd changer in the glovebox.

the head unit has been replaced with a pioneer AVH-P7500DVD. i need purchase a complete modded (pioneer?) cd changer from you that will interface with the new unit.

$165usd shipped? paypal, or...?
Old 09-15-05, 08:52 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

yes paypal. would be good. egusman@woh.rr.com. if you want to buy the already modded one from my previous customer that would be fine, i could sell him a factory one ton put back. then.i will transfer the warranty to you in that case.
Old 09-15-05, 09:14 AM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it possible to mod the Nak CD changer to work with the Eclipse 5435??
Old 09-15-05, 09:19 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusaudio
yes paypal. would be good. egusman@woh.rr.com. if you want to buy the already modded one from my previous customer that would be fine, i could sell him a factory one ton put back. then.i will transfer the warranty to you in that case.
thanks! i'm trying to contact him now and see if he will go for it.
Old 09-15-05, 10:40 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

swproturbo has agreed to selling me the unit you had modified for him... he will be contacting u shortly about purchasing a used unmodded pioneer oem replacement from you.

how do i handle the warranty portion? he never had the chance to install it after getting it back from u, but did power it up externally to see if it would work.
Old 09-15-05, 07:01 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

i will warranty it. for 1 year. so send me the 165.00 by paypal to egusman@woh.rr.com and i will ship him the changer. so the only money changing hands will be yours to mine.
Old 09-15-05, 07:16 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

getting confused... i thought i was buying his unit which was modded by u from him and he was buying an unmodded used one from u and u would transfer his warranty to me?

Quick Reply: AVH-P7500DVD in 99gs400... no interface with oem cd changer