Sponsored by:

Rx 300 Master Key/ Disabled Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-05, 09:39 PM
josediablo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Rx 300 Master Key/ Disabled Vehicle

There is someone out there who may be able to help me with this strange problem. I purchased a 1999 RX 300 last week. I did note that as each day went by, one had to increase one's effort for the buttons to make contact each time the doors were closed or opened with the remote master key. My wife finally got mad (didn't tell me) and used the master key to manually open and close the doors two days ago. The car was left in that mode for the last two days. Lo and behold, this morning I tried opening the doors(unaware that they had been locked manually with the master key) using the remote and nothing happened. I then opened the driver side door and turned the key in the ignition and nothing happened - absolutely nothing!!! No lights no sound, Nicht!! Thinking it was the battery, I tried to jump start the vehicle, all to no avail. Next step was the battery in the key - I went to Radio shack and found the battery was fine. I did notice that when you press down on any of the buttons on the key, the red light flickers rather than stays steady.

What is my next step? Would appreciate any help to get the car working for tomorrow Saturday, 10/8/05. Thank you. JD
Old 10-09-05, 05:47 AM
muldrick
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well,...even if the alarm was activated you'd still have lights and the car would crank (just not start)
Seems like you have another issue. When you tried to jump start it, what happened? Still nothing? Does the horn work?....anything?

Originally Posted by josediablo
There is someone out there who may be able to help me with this strange problem. I purchased a 1999 RX 300 last week. I did note that as each day went by, one had to increase one's effort for the buttons to make contact each time the doors were closed or opened with the remote master key. My wife finally got mad (didn't tell me) and used the master key to manually open and close the doors two days ago. The car was left in that mode for the last two days. Lo and behold, this morning I tried opening the doors(unaware that they had been locked manually with the master key) using the remote and nothing happened. I then opened the driver side door and turned the key in the ignition and nothing happened - absolutely nothing!!! No lights no sound, Nicht!! Thinking it was the battery, I tried to jump start the vehicle, all to no avail. Next step was the battery in the key - I went to Radio shack and found the battery was fine. I did notice that when you press down on any of the buttons on the key, the red light flickers rather than stays steady.

What is my next step? Would appreciate any help to get the car working for tomorrow Saturday, 10/8/05. Thank you. JD