Sponsored by:

No Rca's!!! How Do I Connect!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-05, 06:18 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Rca's!!! How Do I Connect!!

Hey guys I'm ready to start installing my subwoofer. I have a gs300 1999 with nav and I hear there are no RCA's!! How to I get the signal from the head unit to my new amp! Is there something I need to buy (please dont say new HU). Or can I just not install a new amp?. Thanks for you help.
Old 10-12-05, 07:39 PM
Jeff@Longo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would need a line out converter. There are a few cheap ones out there... but JL Audio just released one that's really good (or so I've heard).

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=94

This way, you can get a quality "pre-amp" output. There are a few other solutions out there, but most I've seen aren't that great (sub $60 price range).

Good luck!
Old 10-12-05, 08:10 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

how many would i need and where would i connect it to? I also have heard of amps that will take line level or whatever inputs in addition to RCA's. Is this true? Some examples?

Last edited by bighitbike; 10-12-05 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-12-05, 11:38 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bighitbike
how many would i need and where would i connect it to? I also have heard of amps that will take line level or whatever inputs in addition to RCA's. Is this true? Some examples?

Still at it huh? You will need a line level input for each amp, if you are only doing a sub then locate the two light green wires on the stock amp, the one with the black stripe is+, red stripe is -, once you have this wired connect your rca's to the input and the amp, make sure you have one long enough to run to the trunk, see the pic below, if you look where the glovebox goes you will see the rca's hanging there so run them down the passenger side to the stock amp located on the right kick panel, good luck.

Old 10-13-05, 04:17 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

lol ya back at it. I know that i can do this. I saw some diagrams and looked in the car to where ill be wiring and I can do it. LOL. I saw this diagram that AEROSTAR made that said I can wire the LLC to my old sub wires if I take my old sub out. Is this correct?