Sponsored by:

head unit integration

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-05, 06:49 AM
Josey
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question head unit integration

O.K. this will sound stupid to someone, but I have not found an answer to this question that it is bugging me : I have been looking for a head unit for my 2000 GS-400 , Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, Clarion, etc, but I have not been able to find out if I can integrate the heating/ac system and the rest into the screen , so it can be contolled, like in the factory set up. All those head units talk about how great they are, but nothing about the inputs for everything else, besides nav. Please, somebody will be a kind soul and explain to me what to do... Thanks Josey
Old 10-15-05, 06:30 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Josey
O.K. this will sound stupid to someone, but I have not found an answer to this question that it is bugging me : I have been looking for a head unit for my 2000 GS-400 , Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, Clarion, etc, but I have not been able to find out if I can integrate the heating/ac system and the rest into the screen , so it can be contolled, like in the factory set up. All those head units talk about how great they are, but nothing about the inputs for everything else, besides nav. Please, somebody will be a kind soul and explain to me what to do... Thanks Josey
the factory ac control box will only integrate with the factory screen. due to the avc-lan communication bus system.
Old 10-16-05, 04:44 PM
vicpai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Alpine has the answer for you.....

Originally Posted by Josey
....but you will have to do it the other way around. (What I mean is there is no way to integrate your AC/HVAC/Steering wheel controls to an aftermarket screen) You will have to keep your factory Nav screen and integrate the aftermarket head unit into the factory OEM head unit (or you might even be able to replace the head unit, if you have a "connector" on the Nav screen itself.

The integration device is called the ALPINE VPA-B211A . See link below:

http://www.alpine-usa.com/company_in...1005_vhub.html

You can also go to alpine's website and select "vehicle hub" for more info:

www.alpine-usa.com

Basically you will keep your factory screen with all the A/C and HVAC controls intact. You then connect your aftermarket head unit through the "vehicle hub VPA-B211A" on one side. The other side (using a 3rd party wiring harness) will integrate into your factory audio system and you can then control your aftermarket head unit from your Nav screen (or your OEM radio screen)

Other options are:

www.vaistech.com
Old 10-16-05, 05:21 PM
Josey
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

This is getting complicated. I assumed that I will replace the screen with the head unit like the Pioneer or Kenwood(they come with the screen) and then connect the heat/ac system, nav and audio and I will have a aftermarket hi-end quality audio and video. This is very , very tricky. So, I can not get a system with the screen because it will not work, like the Pioneer... I need more explainations and a sample. My Lexus have the nav with the double din screen.