Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

GX RSES Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-05 | 11:21 AM
rgbyhkr
Driver School Candidate

Default GX RSES Questions

Since I'm looking into the Gx, I posted various questions about it in the GX forum. Some of my questions are pretty specific and pertain to the RSES, so I thought they may be better asked here:

- I've tried to find stats on the RSES screen size but couldn't. How big is it?

- Some LCD screens are better than others for viewing off angle, so how well can you see the LCD that is used for the RSES if you're sitting to the left or right in the second row? I'm considering an aftermarket setup with headrest mounted screens as an alternative if the RSES system isn't great so I'm very curious about this.

- Can you play back the sound through headphones only or through the vehicle's speaker system as well?

- While obviously you can't view the video on the up front Nav screen while in motion without an aftermarket override, can you control the playback functions from there? My kids are too young to do it and while it may come with an IR remote, I would expect the only IR sensor to be on the unit itself which means awkwardly trying to reach back with it to start play, etc.

- I saw mention of voice control. Can you use voice commands to control the DVD functions while in motion as a possible alternative to the above?

- Single disc DVD or a changer mounted somewhere?

- A/V aux input(s)? If so, is it located on the overhead unit or somewhere else?

- My dealer has mentioned the Rosen option as an alternative for larger screen size (and probably because they make more $ off it). I don't like possibly losing the playback control from the Nav screen or voice and having to use an FM modulator for audio output through the speakers. Beyond that, though, how obstructive is even the smaller RSES screen when its down in the rear view mirror?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff