Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:
Old 01-07-15, 01:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

possible to install navigation in a 04 es330?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-09, 12:56 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

sure can. i live in springfield oh . i will put an add on ebay . i only answer questions on this forum i dont sell anything on it. i am hoping clublexus will start accepting smaller sellers on the forum but right now it is the 3 t0 500.00 a month range to be a seller. but i am happy to share my factory navigation retrofit knowledge with clublexus members for free.
Old 07-09-09, 12:43 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gus!

Hey man ive been trying to reach ya, check your email. Its Robert with the RX300.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-09, 08:57 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

subscribed to this thread! Will be needing it in the near future
Old 01-12-15, 09:08 AM
AGuth77
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 ES OEM navigation install question

Originally Posted by lexusaudio
installing a lexus factory nav is no more difficult then installing aftermarket. they both require connections to speed sensor and reverse wires for back up cameras. the non nav lexus is not prewired for navigation. lexus wants you to buy a new lexus not upgrade your current one so they dont prewire or encourage adding the latest technology to an older lexus. in fact the dealer will say its not possible to add factory navigation to a non nav lexus but every lexus model has had facxtory navogation added . the factory navigation always looks better than aftermarket installs because the faceplate was made for each lexus install. aftermarket navs require adapter faceplates and they rarely look factory .also most future used lexus buyers never heard of eclipse brand and other aftermarket brands would shy away from buying one with an aftermarket navigation headunit. ............................................. it can be done. the is250 300 factory nav upgrade is actually easier than most lexus upgrades because it does not incoporate the ac heater controls to the nav touchscreen control. the es300 330 also is easy install because oit does not incorporate ac heater controls either. the other lexus models GS, LX, RX, GS, LX AND SC have the ac heater controls switched over to the touchscreen control so extra connections have to be made but all those installs are also possible . having all the ac controls and all the milage data that the factory install provides is worth the extra instaltion problems on those models. but the is300 and the es300 330 instaltions are actuall easier than aftermarket because no adptation to the dash have to be made. the eclipse and pioneer double din are both short width wise of fitting into the factory navigtion trim bezel
Hi, new to the forum and was hoping you could elaborate on the ES navigation install. I have a non-navi 06, and would like to install a factory navigation unit. I'm no stranger to installs, and from the looks of it I would need at minimum the head unit, dash bezel, and navigation computer correct? I'm concerned if I will also need any wiring harnesses/adapters or brackets. I also have the satellite radio module/antenna installed already if that matters. Thank you