Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Pioneer In dash video head units..differences?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-05, 08:28 PM
bmoon_007
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer In dash video head units..differences?

What's up guys, well i've been looking to get a video head unit. I know about the avic-n1 and n2, but don't care about the 6.5 screen. I know that pioneer has a 7 inch screen but not sure if they are the old models or newer? (7500's and 7600's etc...). Well i guess let me just tell you guys what i'm looking for. I want a pioneer (cause i have a pioneer changer and i want to keep it) in dash dvd player that is a newer model. I dont want one that has a separate brain or needs a seperate dvd player and if it has navigation then cool but don't really care for it. I want to stay away from the 6.5 in screen and perfer a 7 or 7.5 (if pioneer makes one). TV tuner built in would be nice and needs to be compatible for Sirius. Oh and ofcourse touch screen (sure all of them are now). Any advice would be great. Thanks!

- b
Old 11-05-05, 03:20 PM
idsrvit
Driver

Default avhp-7500

the pioneer AVHP-7500 sounds like the model you are looking for. It is last years model...but is a great unit. With an excellent 7 inch screen. and true surround sound. I bought mine almost two years ago. I have had issues with the retract motor..mine no longer will retract the screen....but I recently found out I could have had it installed so that it would only come out when I pressed the button. (was installed to come out every time the car was turned on)..I guess that was too much for the motor and it quit on me. Other than that...the unit is superb. It has a built in tv tuner...which is great and really pulls in a lot of stations. It is XM compatible (dont remember if you said xm or sirius) but I think you can buy somthing now to use one or the other. It has an input for another dvd, one for navigation, one for a back up camera, one for an alt such as ps2....and there are a couple more things i cant think of at the moment. I highly recommend the unit...but be sure to have it installed where the screen does not automatically come out. good luck
Old 11-10-05, 06:49 AM
lilmatty96
Driver School Candidate

look up all the features on crutchfield.com im pretty sure they are very similar though