Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Simple Audio Upgrade For GS and Best stock settings

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-01, 10:59 AM
GouxMan

I just bought a new GS and as a musician am a little disappointed in the stereo. It is not bad, it falls just a little short. I would describe it as "peaky", lacking in eveness throughout the frequency range. The sound from the back of the car is weak, and the low end is hazy. I have read some of the threads on this subject, but am not interested in a high end renovation of the stereo. I need all my trunk space. Anyone here have experience with simple/reasonably priced speaker replacements? Did it make a big difference, and what did you replace them with? Any suggestions?
For those of you not wishing to upgrade, I have spent a fair amount of time tweeking the settings on the stock unit, and here is what has given me the optimum sound:
Bass +4, Mid +1, Trb +2, Fader R4!, balance 0, and NO ASL. Try this.
The ASL causes harshness in the high end that will make certain instruments painful. R4 eases the in-your-face peakiness of those front tweeters. The car has good stereo imaging. Now if I could just get tigher low end and more sound from the rear....
Old 07-28-01, 11:06 AM
GouxMan

These EQ settings work equally well for CD or FM radio. A cassette or AM talk show will need different EQ.
Old 07-28-01, 11:33 AM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I'll try out those settings next time in the car.