Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Anyone have experience with the FH-P5000MP Pioneer Double DIn deck???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-05, 03:28 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with the FH-P5000MP Pioneer Double DIn deck???

I bought the Pioneer double din FH-P5000MP for my SC300 off a friend. I really like this HU because it offers MP3/WMA playback with DSP and a 13 band EQ and most importantly it looks awesome in the SC. The problem I first noticed was that when I went to hit the DSP button to play around with all the EQ and DSP settings it did nothing. At first I thought maybe the button was bad because I did buy it used, but further investigation and reading into the manual put that thought on hold. Supposedly there is an initial setup that you can do that make change the way the preouts are handeled. When I called Pioneer they told me I would have to make sure that FULL + WOOFER was selected, but I cannot even get to select any kind of pre out options. I have reset the head unit and disconnected all the RCAs like Pioneer suggested and I still do not get an option to change the pre outs at all. I do not want to send the unit in because I would be without a radio for god knows how long so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this head unit or know if any type of incorrect wiring would prevent a head unit from recognizing pre outs.