Sponsored by:

Use DVD A/V inputs for iPod?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-05, 06:41 PM
wayner
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Use DVD A/V inputs for iPod?

First post - I just bought an RX400h with NAV and rear seat DVD player - and I want to figure out the best way to hook up an iPod. I currently use a cassette tape adapter which is okay and I am considering the VAIS Soundlinq. I noticed that there are A/V inputs behind the rear seat - would it be possible to just hook up the iPod to these inputs and use the AUX mode? I know it would require a long 1/8" stereo to RCA cable, but would this work if you were not inputting a video signal? I presume that doing so may disable the DVD player but I can live with that.

By the way - WHY DOESN'T EVERY CAR AUDIO SYSTEM HAVE AN AUDIO INPUT? This drives me crazy!
Old 11-27-05, 11:07 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayner
First post - I just bought an RX400h with NAV and rear seat DVD player - and I want to figure out the best way to hook up an iPod. I currently use a cassette tape adapter which is okay and I am considering the VAIS Soundlinq. I noticed that there are A/V inputs behind the rear seat - would it be possible to just hook up the iPod to these inputs and use the AUX mode? I know it would require a long 1/8" stereo to RCA cable, but would this work if you were not inputting a video signal? I presume that doing so may disable the DVD player but I can live with that.

By the way - WHY DOESN'T EVERY CAR AUDIO SYSTEM HAVE AN AUDIO INPUT? This drives me crazy!
that would work, just plug in a rca to 1/8" wire.
Thats what I'm doing for my ipod.