Sponsored by:

Need Audio help in 7 days

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-05, 01:27 PM
TriniLex
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Need Audio help in 7 days

Hello I am going to install an amp and one sub in a 2000 lexus gs 300 with a stock radio. Does anyone have any advice where to run the power wire, ground wire? Also where did you hook up the remote wire. Did you tap off the existing free air sub when using the inline rca converter? Please any suggestions would be helpfuld. Oh yea what panels do i need to take off to run the wires? Does the backseat need to come out?
Thanks
Kerwin
Old 12-11-05, 03:06 PM
1st-Lex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicotrini
Hello I am going to install an amp and one sub in a 2000 lexus gs 300 with a stock radio. Does anyone have any advice where to run the power wire, ground wire? Also where did you hook up the remote wire. Did you tap off the existing free air sub when using the inline rca converter? Please any suggestions would be helpfuld. Oh yea what panels do i need to take off to run the wires? Does the backseat need to come out?
Thanks
Kerwin
I just did the exact same thing,to my GS.I ran the power wire down the passenger side,& RCA jacks down the driver's side.I changed the factory 10" sub to a 12".I hooked the remote wire to the ignition wire in the colum.Check out my thread it should help.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189833

O,& yes.The back seat needs to come out,It was verry easy.

Ask any ?'s that u have vin78 helped me with my install,so i would like to share the favor.
Old 12-12-05, 10:07 AM
TriniLex
Instructor

Where did you run the power wire thru? Is there a hole?

Do you have pics of the the remote wire connecting to the ignition wire?

Where did you ground the amp?

What type of rca converter did you use?

Where are the screws for the seats?

Did you take out the pillar between the doors to hide the power wire?

Do you have stock factory deck?

Where is the factory amp?

Thanks
Kerwin
Old 12-12-05, 04:50 PM
1st-Lex
Driver

Where did you run the power wire thru? Is there a hole?

Do you have pics of the the remote wire connecting to the ignition wire?

Where did you ground the amp?

What type of rca converter did you use?

Where are the screws for the seats?

Did you take out the pillar between the doors to hide the power wire?

Do you have stock factory deck?

Where is the factory amp?

Thanks
Kerwin
Yes there is a rubber gromet on the passenger side firewall.

Bottom left corner.

Sorry no pics of the wire connected,but its the only blue wire that is "hot" when the key is on,& "cold" when the key is off.Just use a test light,it took me 5 min to find it.

There is a brace under the rear seat,that i used to ground the amp,i sanded the area down with 80 grit sand paper,driled a 1/8" hole and put a 10mm self taping bolt in it.

I used a Tsuanmi line out converter.

The rear seat comes out as follows. If you were sitting in the back seat,inbetween your legs is the spot where you want to lift up.There is one on each side.(2)Dont sit on the seat though you wont be able to pull it up.Then just pull the rear seat out of the car.Then you are gonna have to remove (4) 12mm bolts,(1) 13mm bolt.The 13mm is for the 3rd seatbelt in the middle which has to come through the rear "package tray" in order to access the sub.Then remove the seatbelt guides on top of the rear seats,this makes for more movement,& you wont have to undo the lap belts.Now remove the headrests,& lift up on the little cover there is a 12mm bolt under there.You should now be able to remove the rear portion of the back seat.Next is to peel of the weatherstrip in the door jamb,& carefully lift up on the plastic sill pieces.Lift up on these pieces,be careful not to break the clips..Now remove these pieces they have clips to,so be careful not to break them,you dont want no vibration when your ****s knockin.My GS has these ankor things on top of the tray,remove the plastic covers.There are 3 of them,then the bolts.There are also 4 clips on the edge of the tray(black).Remove the 4 black clips,unplug the 3rd brakelight,& wala your ready to R&I.

I removed the pillar cover to hide the power wire.Easy.

I have the factory deck.

The factory amp is behind the glove box.
Old 12-12-05, 07:22 PM
1st-Lex
Driver

Here is a pic from up top,everything appears to be stock,until i turn it on.

I took a small grinder to the inside of the factory grill,so it would fit flush.
Old 12-13-05, 04:57 AM
TriniLex
Instructor

OH wow thanks soo much. I have a sub with a box so I dont plan on taking out the package tray.

I found the gromet on the passenger side, it looks like it is going into the fuse box. Did you cut a hole in the gromet? or did you just leave it out when you put the wire in?

I figured out how to take out the weather strip that said lexus on it.

On the pillar did you just tug on it and it came out?

From the pics I believe you just pulled on the bottom part of the rear seats and they came up? or is there anything to push in for it to come out of the hole?

The rear back seat (where your back rests) does not need to come out right?

How do you access the ignition wire? Are there any pieces of plastic I need to take off the steering column?

Thanks
again!
Old 12-13-05, 03:38 PM
1st-Lex
Driver

OH wow thanks soo much. I have a sub with a box so I dont plan on taking out the package tray.

I found the gromet on the passenger side, it looks like it is going into the fuse box. Did you cut a hole in the gromet? or did you just leave it out when you put the wire in?

From the pics I believe you just pulled on the bottom part of the rear seats and they came up? or is there anything to push in for it to come out of the hole?

How do you access the ignition wire? Are there any pieces of plastic I need to take off the steering column?

Thanks
again!

I just squezed the wire past the gromet,its still there.see pic.

On the pillar i used a clip removal tool that i got from Snap-On Tools.

Nope just pull up on the seat.

The spot where i grounded my amp is behind the back part of the seat,its the best spot,IMO because you dont have to drill through to the outside of the car.

I located it under the dash on the drivers side,i just took down the access pannel.

Good luck,& happy install.
Old 12-13-05, 03:41 PM
1st-Lex
Driver

Thanks
again!
The only ? i have for u is.Your noy gonna try and run the factory sub,& the box are you?Because it wont sound right.
Old 12-13-05, 05:24 PM
TriniMD
Driver School Candidate

Ok everything is installed except the remote still having problems locating it. Do you know what color the wire was? Also did you take the black panel that is above the pedals off? or the tan one around the steering column?
Thanks
Old 12-13-05, 07:18 PM
1st-Lex
Driver

Originally Posted by TriniMD
Ok everything is installed except the remote still having problems locating it. Do you know what color the wire was? Also did you take the black panel that is above the pedals off? or the tan one around the steering column?
Thanks
Did u change your user name?Anyway i removed the access pannel above the pedals.The wire was blue,i think.
Old 12-13-05, 07:20 PM
1st-Lex
Driver

Originally Posted by 1st-Lex
Did u change your user name?Anyway i removed the access pannel above the pedals.The wire was blue,i think.
Are you using a test light?,Any wire will work that has power when the key is on,& no power with the key off.