Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Where do i buy a SC400 stereo install kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-05, 03:06 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Where do i buy a SC400 stereo install kit?

I went to scosche website to look up a number for a dash kit for a aftermarket stereo and they didnt have one?! Where can i buy one? I really didnt want one from them anyways. I wanted a real good quality one!! Any suggestions? Websites?? Anything??? Or does someone do real good custom ones???
Old 12-22-05, 03:23 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

there's isn't a "kit" for the SC. you can choose to make a plate out of ABS plastic or purchase a pocket that will go either under or over your single DIN deck. those can be found at like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.
Old 12-22-05, 03:59 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

That stinks!! I suck at making things...i wonder if someone on the board here can make me a real nice one?! I remeber seeing one in a lexus that said "Lexus" under it!! I will pay for it...thats no problem!!!
Old 12-22-05, 04:11 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

that one was a long time ago and talking to one of the members who bought one, he didn't care for it too much.

just get the pocket, and then make a small addition to it using a strip of ABS plastic.

something like this:
Old 12-22-05, 04:39 PM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL...this is just like the thread that I started yesterday...

1badceli - be sure to post up with whatever you decide to go with...I'm always looking to hear different ideas.
Old 12-22-05, 09:04 PM
SpinAll4
Former Sponsor - Cancelled

I just don't like the fit of universal pockets, nor the texture of the cheap abs sheets. I bought a lexus to get away from a "cheap" interior.

With a little bit of time and effort, you can whip up somthing like this (or I can make it for you if you want).

Old 12-22-05, 09:24 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SpinAll4
I just don't like the fit of universal pockets, nor the texture of the cheap abs sheets. I bought a lexus to get away from a "cheap" interior.

With a little bit of time and effort, you can whip up somthing like this (or I can make it for you if you want).

That would be awesome!! How much would you charge? I have that exact XM radio setup but do not know if i will be using that that though?! What else can you put there?? Can you make me something custom? Maybe we can talk over the phone or something?! I am interested and i will pay!! So let me know ASAP!!! Thanks, Dan.
Old 12-22-05, 09:43 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Do you think a NAV system like Tom-tom would fit and work good in there??
Old 12-23-05, 04:34 AM
SpinAll4

I can make anything your heart desires, and your wallet. Not sure it a Tom Tom would fit there, are you talking the go 300 or 700? Its a bit thicker than the Commander, and taller. I'll get specs while I'm at work today. You can email me at Justin.Stanley@earthlink.net so we can talk about this further. Or IM me at BoostinTSiawd on AIM when I'm around.
Old 12-23-05, 09:56 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SpinAll4

now that...is one VERY NICE and clean install set up. I'm just gonna need a small piece to go around my AVN unit, what material did you use?
Old 12-23-05, 03:55 PM
SpinAll4

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192668
Old 12-28-05, 05:26 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Ok...next question!! I have the harness wired up but no power?! Did i do something wrong?? I need to know asap!! Thanks, Dan.
Old 12-28-05, 09:18 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

you got both the red and yellow attached to the correct wires? grounded the black somewhere, usually on the side of the metal piece that you screw the deck to. this happened to me because there are two grey wires in there right next to each other, make sure you have the correct one.
Old 12-28-05, 11:09 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 88supramki
you got both the red and yellow attached to the correct wires? grounded the black somewhere, usually on the side of the metal piece that you screw the deck to. this happened to me because there are two grey wires in there right next to each other, make sure you have the correct one.

I actually think i did it wrong period!! I have read that there is no wiring harness for the sc300/400 and that you have to hard wire it?! So i need the wiring diagram to hardwire it!!
Old 12-31-05, 05:35 AM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

err...so is there a wiring harness for the SC3/4 that I need to get? I'm having it installed over the weekend, and should probably pick it up if I need one......

Quick Reply: Where do i buy a SC400 stereo install kit?