Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Eclipse AVN 2454. Good match for system? Any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-05, 08:29 PM
mhsu408
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse AVN 2454. Good match for system? Any thoughts?

Hi CL,

I was planning on redoing my setup for my audio. I plan on getting two 12" Alpine Type R subs, and match it up with an Alpine or a Hi-Fonics amp.

However, I heard that all your parts have to be matched up for the system to produce quality sound; I guess everything needs to integrate properly. I was thinking about using the Eclipse AVN 2454 for my head-unit. Do you think this headunit has enough power/quality to support that system setup, or do I need to get a stronger head-unit/GPS system?

Any opinions appreciated. Thx!
Old 12-27-05, 09:37 AM
Mattress
Pole Position

If your looking for sq (quality ), not spl (loudness), then alpine system would be perfectly suitable. If your set on alpine... which is a very good choice, id recommend gettin the alpine amp-with the alpine head unit you can control damn near everthing, and alpine provides that. Eclipse is great as well; however, to my knowledge, eclipse has yet to fix their volume issues on their decks.

No matter what, you'll hear bass, treble, mids, and highs, allthough choosing the right setup will show how much water's held.
Alpine will do you right.

"However, I heard that all your parts have to be matched up for the system to produce quality sound"
--this isnt true, allthough helps in certian situations--as your case shows above (alpine amp and deck). Good luck.

peace,
Matt
Old 12-27-05, 12:38 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the eclipse 2454 is a great HU. I currently have it in my SC w/ 5.25 Focal Polyglass V2's all the way around. (Component in front and Coax in the rear) Matched those up with a 10W7 and the Eclipse unit more than handles them. I've been using eclipse since I started with car audio and I'm a little biased. I am however switching up to the 5435 because the 2454 doesn't play DVD-R's which is like....90% of my movie collection. I spend enough time in the car to where I would want to watch some of the movies I have burned as opposed to the ones I purchased.

Other than that the 2454 is a great HU

Forgive the gap at the bottom, I still need to make a cover for it.

Old 12-27-05, 06:30 PM
Gs Dreams
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 88supramki
the eclipse 2454 is a great HU. I currently have it in my SC w/ 5.25 Focal Polyglass V2's all the way around. (Component in front and Coax in the rear) Matched those up with a 10W7 and the Eclipse unit more than handles them. I've been using eclipse since I started with car audio and I'm a little biased. I am however switching up to the 5435 because the 2454 doesn't play DVD-R's which is like....90% of my movie collection. I spend enough time in the car to where I would want to watch some of the movies I have burned as opposed to the ones I purchased.

Other than that the 2454 is a great HU

Forgive the gap at the bottom, I still need to make a cover for it.

does alpine provide a screen simliar to that? because i was going to go with the alpine iva d900 (the 7" flip out) but im starting to like how clean these setup look and plus if it touch screen u will get a lot of . right now i don't have a gs but planning to get anohter one once the weather break and a system upgrade gonna be my first mod. but the question is if i get a gs wit navi would it be hard to fit the ac control uint along wit the screen?
Old 12-27-05, 07:00 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not too sure about alpine. yes it does make it nice and clean, and doesn't block your climate controls with the flip out. It's Touch screen as well. Another nice thing about the Eclipse unit is that it's everything in one. CD slot that reads mp3s, DVD slot that reads DVDs and does NAV. No need for external units, and no brain to hide somewhere.

It does everything that I need it to do...except play DVD-Rs...but that's why I'm gonna go with the 5435
Old 12-27-05, 10:02 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mhsu408
Hi CL,

I was planning on redoing my setup for my audio. I plan on getting two 12" Alpine Type R subs, and match it up with an Alpine or a Hi-Fonics amp.

However, I heard that all your parts have to be matched up for the system to produce quality sound; I guess everything needs to integrate properly. I was thinking about using the Eclipse AVN 2454 for my head-unit. Do you think this headunit has enough power/quality to support that system setup, or do I need to get a stronger head-unit/GPS system?

Any opinions appreciated. Thx!
Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to have components from the same manufacturer to achieve great quality sound. It usually doesn't make any difference. However, you may give up some of a particular manufacturer's control functions if you mix in other brands of equipment. Many brands have their own proprietary interconnections and control.