Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

fuel gauge problem, different kinda from others

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-06 | 08:48 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Is LLS not Lextech Lighting Systems?, if so, that is where i sent my cluster in to get my needles changed.
Old 02-07-06 | 08:50 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by Jewtheist
Not to sound like an a$$, but i did email Lextech Lighting, and like most companies wont take any responsibility if they did cause any damage, but said that most likely Fedex damaged it during shipping. When i recieved the package there was popcorn foam, and my cluster was wrapped in bubble wrapping, so i highly dought that the shipping could have messed up anything electrical. Its just that conventional methods wont fix the whole needle rising back up to the top when the car shuts off.
You did not email anyone, that was post #4.

I'm done with this thread.

/done.
Old 02-07-06 | 08:51 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Yes, that is what LLS is. As with any purchase, your first order of recourse is with the vendor. OLT knows what he is talking about, so if you were contact LLS regarding the issue this will most likely be resolved in short order.
Old 02-07-06 | 08:52 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Im gonna send him my email conversation with the people at Lextech.
Old 02-07-06 | 08:54 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Atta boy!!!!

Hope all works out!
Old 02-07-06 | 08:55 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Okay so sorry, i didnt ask about the needles at the time, but this was my email:

LLS :You can always file a claim with the shipper (fed ex) however they tend to take the entire unit, so sometimes it is best to find a cover from a salvage yard. In a perfect world they'd pay for what they break without hassle, but it's been my experience they are usually a pain to work with. Before submitting a claim, I'd look into finding one for around $25 from a salvage yard.
On Jan 11, 2006, at 11:11 PM, leon etlin wrote:

ME: > Hi, i just recieved my package today, i put it in and the lights work. Thank you...
> Unfortunately when i got my package and opened it up i noticed that the screw holes that are hidden normally were broken off and were everywhere in the package. Also the lense cover for the gauge was cracked towards the right side. Do you guys provide any insurance on that sort of problem. Im not to worried about the screw holes considering thats holding down fine, but the crack in the less is kinda a bother.
> Thank you.
>
> Lextech Lighting <sales@lextech.org> wrote:
>
>
> Lextech Lightng Systems Specialty Store
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Order Number: 331
> Detailed Invoice: /osCommerce/account_history_info.php?order_id=331
> Date Ordered: Sunday 18 December, 2005
>
> The comments for your order are
>
>
>
>
>
> Your order has been updated to the following status.
>
> New status: Re-Shipped
>
> Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
>
Old 02-07-06 | 09:02 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

So the shippers didn't just knock a needle off, they broke the face of the cluster, looks like you are leaving key info out.

....................but I still do not understand this thread at all. You got your answer, that cluster got beaten and broken. It happens...... ask Tony.
Old 02-07-06 | 09:07 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

I dont understand though, how the package can be packed so tightly and yet the needle isnt broken, it works, but when it was normal, it stayed fixed at the place it was supposed to when i turned the car off. I just dont understand how shipping could have messed it up by causing it to constantly go up now to the top when i shut the car off; and then slowly go down when i turn the car on, btw it doesnt go down to the amount of gas in the tank, but half a tick mark lower than what is actually in the tank.
Old 02-07-06 | 09:15 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Post #4 of this thread perhaps? http://lextech.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=68

Inaccurate operation is one thing where vibration could have knocked it off, but you are not talking about inaccurate operation, and this is the first time you have made that clear, though I still don't see why this thread is here and you are not writing LLS for tech help. Check that link.

Okay so sorry, i didnt ask about the needles at the time, but this was my email:
Sooo........ how's that help? You gotta write the company and ask for them to answer you.
Old 02-07-06 | 09:20 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Ok so i will write lextech asking them a question about the needles and why they arent functioning properly. Temp gauge is just half a tickmark above the actual engine temp, tach and speed both work fine, and gas, the problems i posted above, but i will email them at lextech.
Old 02-07-06 | 10:01 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Well, i just read that it is normal for waterfall needles to move either to the top or to the bottom of the gauge. So now all i need to do is set up the needles to read properly by pulling them off and putting them back on