fuel gauge problem, different kinda from others

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-06 | 01:34 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Default Fuel Gauge

Heres the deal.....

Before: My needles were burning out so i decided to send them in for replacement, all my gauges were working accurately though.

After: Got my cluster back, when i put it in my car the lights worked great, but now im stuck with another problem. Now the temperature gauge shows a few bars higher than normal, i know the car isnt overheating so thats just a cosmetic issue, and the fuel gauge shows about 1/8 less than there actually is. Another thing with the fuel gauge is that before i sent it in it would stay at the amount of gas that is in the engine after the car was turned off. Now after getting it back the fuel gauge goes all the way to the top, then slowly drops to 1/8 less thats actually in the tank gradually as the car is running.
Old 02-02-06 | 02:24 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Did you bother to write whomever did your gauges?

If you searched you'd find a thread in the Es forum where someone did the same thing. Got their unit back and did not bother to write to see what was up. The end result of the thread was that once you get the gauges back you set the needles on with the car fully warmed up because your car's sensors will have a slightly different resistance from car to car.

I noticed the other few threads you fired out you did not search on either. Please use the search button, it is a great tool. For info on how to use it more effectively, see the welcome thread stickied to the top of the forum.
Old 02-02-06 | 04:46 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Default Sorry i didnt post this part earlier

I meant to post this, but my dad was talking to me and threw off my train of thought:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...l+Gauge+messed

I did search the forums and that was the closest i came to. BTW... the company who did my lights was : Lextech Lighting. I saw good reviews for them, but when i got my cluster back, a few of screws were missing, and the cluster plastic lens was cracked, also the needles were out of tune.
Old 02-02-06 | 05:00 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Obviously you have shipping damage. Why not write the company??? Is this the first time you've ever shipped anything? There have been a few posts of people unit's get broken by careless shippers. Usually improper packing more than anything. LLS sends it back the same way you sent it since they are not a packing company and you deemed the way you sent it to be the way you wanted it sent.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 02-02-06 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-02-06 | 05:19 PM
onebadshot
Pole Position

OLT, wouldn't turing your car on without the cluster in turn on the airbag light....?
Old 02-02-06 | 05:27 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Thats exactly what happened, i read on another post from someone, that he had the same issue that he had the airbag light remain on after pulling the cluster and driving around.
Old 02-02-06 | 08:19 PM
21ce
Intermediate

O.L.T said put the needles on when the car is fully warmed up, not put the custer in when the car is warmed up
Old 02-07-06 | 07:17 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Default fuel gauge problem, different kinda from others

Before: Fuel gauge, and temp gauge worked fine. IE the fuel needle stayed at the exact amount of fuel that was in the tank, even when the car was off.

After: Sent in my cluster(new lights in the needles) got it back, and now when i turn the car on, the fuel gauge is at the top regardless of the amount of fuel in the tank, but slowly lowers as the car is running, and goes about half the distance from tick mark to tick mark, lower than what is actually in the tank. I was wondering if this is an electrical malfunction, or is it something i can fix.
Old 02-07-06 | 07:36 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

You might try to replug the connectors, chances are the panel has failed. Return it while it's warranty is in effect. Contact the company to record the problem and arrange for replacement.
Old 02-07-06 | 07:52 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

The thing is, this is a 92 SC400, i highly dought that there is a warrenty left on any part of this car.
Old 02-07-06 | 08:18 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

What? Did you not like the answers you got the last time you asked the exact same question?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=199233
Old 02-07-06 | 08:22 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

They werent that helpful, because removing the needles and puting them back in where they are supposed to be wont stop them from going to the top for no reason when i shut off the car.
Old 02-07-06 | 08:31 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by mkorsu
What? Did you not like the answers you got the last time you asked the exact same question?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=199233
This guy hasn't even written LLS after being told to 5 times, so it's obvious no one can help.
Old 02-07-06 | 08:40 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Not to sound like an a$$, but i did email Lextech Lighting, and like most companies wont take any responsibility if they did cause any damage, but said that most likely Fedex damaged it during shipping. When i recieved the package there was popcorn foam, and my cluster was wrapped in bubble wrapping, so i highly dought that the shipping could have messed up anything electrical. Its just that conventional methods wont fix the whole needle rising back up to the top when the car shuts off.
Old 02-07-06 | 08:40 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by Jewtheist
They werent that helpful, because removing the needles and puting them back in where they are supposed to be wont stop them from going to the top for no reason when i shut off the car.

Then continue the questions in the original thread you started. No need to create more clutter with another thread.

Also, as OLT said, you haven't even contacted LLS (which is OLT's company) regarding the issue. I'm very sure that if you contact them you'll resolve your issue in a snap.

Quick Reply: fuel gauge problem, different kinda from others