Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Custom Hidden Kill Switch = Steal-Proof?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-06, 11:20 PM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by kratos
So how do we protect our cars from being towed? Should we all just lose our alarm systems and immobilisers? No.

The average Crack-head, low-life, ***-nugget, meth-head does not drive a tow truck. He carries a screwdriver, a hammer, a flashlight or lighter and a syringe hanging out of his arm. Protecting your car with an alarm or immobiliser WILL defend against 99% of the car thieves out there. 2-way paging and GPS tracking are also VERY useful as well. Reduce the risk and be intelligent about protecting your investment.
Sleep in your car with a Glock 9mm and some hollow point shells, works like a charm you could get a discount on your insurance premium fo-shizzle hehe.
Old 03-02-06, 01:39 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kratos
So how do we protect our cars from being towed? Should we all just lose our alarm systems and immobilisers? No.

The average Crack-head, low-life, ***-nugget, meth-head does not drive a tow truck. He carries a screwdriver, a hammer, a flashlight or lighter and a syringe hanging out of his arm. Protecting your car with an alarm or immobiliser WILL defend against 99% of the car thieves out there. 2-way paging and GPS tracking are also VERY useful as well. Reduce the risk and be intelligent about protecting your investment.
you are correct about the lowlifes but you cannot do anything from preventing your car from being towed yes the alarm systems will help for the 99% but i was simply stating a fact if somebody wants it bad enough they will take all the necessary means to get it thats all
Old 03-02-06, 06:27 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get a long chain and chain your car to a pole or house LOL
Old 03-02-06, 07:42 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well the top viper and cliff systems have the pager and the sensor to alert you if the car has been taken out of its "horizontal" position and it will alert you...the pager on these alarm systems are crazy...check the threads on it..i know my friend has it and he's been like 5 city blocks away (in NYC..thats like 1/4 mile) and he could still start his car from it...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=viper+alarm
Old 03-02-06, 02:34 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
well the top viper and cliff systems have the pager and the sensor to alert you if the car has been taken out of its "horizontal" position and it will alert you...the pager on these alarm systems are crazy...check the threads on it..i know my friend has it and he's been like 5 city blocks away (in NYC..thats like 1/4 mile) and he could still start his car from it...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=viper+alarm
yes thats what i have it works well ........also tony thieves carry bolt cutters
Old 03-02-06, 02:44 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hooked up my starter (ignition wire) to a relay one, it triggered my check engine light...so be careful not to make any drastic modifications before your sure that it wouldn't trigger the engine light.
Old 03-03-06, 10:18 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

well,,,,

If you step onto my property I am alerted by marsha (my home automation/security system) becuase you will break the laser beam sensors. Depending on the time of day, lights are turned on and a voice announcement is broadcast in the house as well as cameras in that area upload direct to the internet.

In certain alarm modes, that trigger will also pop open the doggie door that allows Kati - our Kuvasz into the yard. Google that breed, the Kuvasz is recommeded by the state of Kalifornia for protecting livestock against coyotes and bears.

By the time you get into the garage where the 00 SC is your picture (and pictures up and down the street - in case your car is there) has been uploaded to the internet, backed up onto 2 different pc's. Hopefully the pictures are of Kati tearing your arms off.

If it is off the property then hey, that is what the DEI alarms are for and the insurance I guess.
Old 03-03-06, 11:03 AM
rwheelz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 933005spd
well,,,,

If you step onto my property I am alerted by marsha (my home automation/security system) becuase you will break the laser beam sensors. Depending on the time of day, lights are turned on and a voice announcement is broadcast in the house as well as cameras in that area upload direct to the internet.

In certain alarm modes, that trigger will also pop open the doggie door that allows Kati - our Kuvasz into the yard. Google that breed, the Kuvasz is recommeded by the state of Kalifornia for protecting livestock against coyotes and bears.

By the time you get into the garage where the 00 SC is your picture (and pictures up and down the street - in case your car is there) has been uploaded to the internet, backed up onto 2 different pc's. Hopefully the pictures are of Kati tearing your arms off.

If it is off the property then hey, that is what the DEI alarms are for and the insurance I guess.
hahahaha, AWESOME. Did you set up this home security yourself?
Old 03-03-06, 11:13 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Yep. It is all tied into an Elk M-1 Gold panel - rock solid system and the Elk communicates with the home automation pc running Homeseer via a LAN connection.

Both systems have redundancy built in so a thief cannot knock out our internet or phone and have at it. Our internet is a microwave link with a tower a few blocks away.

In fact, the SC's and Julies Durango all have a unique bluetooth module in it which homeseer will recognize when I come home and starts a welcome home macro.

Think of it as homelink on steriods.

by the way, you can make a very cheap laser beam 'alarm' using kids toys!
Old 03-03-06, 09:44 PM
rwheelz
Pole Position

well I will be getting ahold of you in about 5 years, when I am ready to build my compound... you should make a business out of it! I would pay a small fortune for what you are describing.
Old 03-04-06, 05:56 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Default It is a business..

It is a business of mine. I have two techs working for me.

I also have a paint training business...

I powder coating business....

A product distributorship... no not a stupid MLM like amway, chemicals for industry

a computer and network business....

and a real job... LOL

sheesh, no wonder I'm tired
Old 03-07-06, 06:46 AM
NPSC303
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
you are correct about the lowlifes but you cannot do anything from preventing your car from being towed
Many GPS / GSM Tracking devices will with aid of the police have your car recovered in less than 30 minutes (should it be towed, or driven away).
Also there are systems that will SMS / Call / Email you when your car has been moved, so that you know the very moment it happens, and can take action immediately.
Old 03-09-06, 10:25 PM
PsiQo1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 933005spd
well,,,,

no gun turrets?...jesus..i bet you sleep like a baby
Old 03-10-06, 05:15 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Nah, no turrents. lol.

just a shotgun if you happen to make it inside.

Not that we are the untrusting type..... I am just a wierdo.