Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vaistech does not cover 98-01 GS. any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-06, 04:05 PM
amaghazi
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Vaistech does not cover 98-01 GS. any ideas?

Vaistech does not cover iPOD integration for 98-02 GS. Any other ideas for integration of iPOD, XM and such into the OEM pioneer or nakamichci headunit?

J
Old 03-01-06, 05:04 AM
soyhead
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd love to know myself, i found a few products that apparently work but most are $200-$300 and the other which is $80 is not in stock i dont want to spend over a $100 so let me know what you find out, heres what i have gathered in the past two days, were looking for a auxiliary audio input adapter for a stock head unit...i been debating tapping an rca switch with speaker wire outputs to the wire harness to achieve the same thing but for a $100 i'd rather just trust someone elses product

what we need

best option i have found

for toyota but it may work?

this one apparently works, as per my conversation with teh tech, but it doesnt look like it will to me as the cd changer doesnt have that type of cable

http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapte...ger/x3toy.html
Old 03-01-06, 06:23 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought vaistech was in the process of upgrading their unit to allow for this
Old 03-01-06, 06:44 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

your right..they did have a unit before and they're in the process of uprading them...

if you can't wait there is this... its $129.99

http://www.clubmac.com/clubmac/shop/...no~7007964.asp

if they don't have any... chek here they sell it also..
http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/...no~7007964.asp

Charges the iPod, text appears across OEM radio head unit, radio and steering wheel controls, unlimited play list, direct connection CD quality sound, available custom cradle.

ice>Link: Plus is a hard-wired automotive integration kit. Each vehicle-specific kit provides CD-quality audio play list, and track control from both the radio and the steering wheel entertainment controls while charging the iPod when desired.

Full music information is always visible on the display of the IPO and track numbers are synchronized between the radio displays and the bipod.

Browse through all of your play lists or simply select disk 1-5 for direct access to the first 5 play lists. Switch to iPod UI mode, if desired and use click wheel to control your music.
Old 03-01-06, 06:57 AM
soyhead
Driver

i take it the denison will simply attach to the back of the head unit and the harness will snap into that
Old 03-01-06, 07:55 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

when are they going to fix that vaistech thing
Old 03-01-06, 08:49 AM
amaghazi
Driver

I emailed Vaistech chief engineer, and he said they have NO PLANS to build anything for 98-02 GS. and he even said he is not aware of anyone who would sell such a solution! so don't wait for them. We need another solution

J
Old 03-01-06, 08:52 AM
amaghazi
Driver

Anyone tried Dension, I hate to buy then realize it looks stupid. How about the otgher solutions? any installation recommendations on any?

J
Old 03-01-06, 09:48 AM
soyhead
Driver

well dont buy the buslink one that i put a link above to, just got off the phone with teh tech and he said the product has been discontinued good thing i didnt buy one still searching as i am unsure about the dension, their main website claims it is not compatible with a 99 GS

Last edited by soyhead; 03-01-06 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-01-06, 09:49 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by amaghazi
I emailed Vaistech chief engineer, and he said they have NO PLANS to build anything for 98-02 GS. and he even said he is not aware of anyone who would sell such a solution! so don't wait for them. We need another solution

J

is the 98-02 GS using the 2nd gen navi or 3rd gen. I think they are trying to make it work with the 3rd gen navi since it works currently for the 4th gen
Old 03-01-06, 10:19 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

sorry about that..i thought it was hardwired for all vehicles but apparently not for the lex..its a FM MODulator...
http://www.dension.com/icelink_fm.htm

ok..i found the solution for you it plugs into the back and it gives you two sets of aux input... $82.95
they also have the ipod charger but its additional. $30.95

for the 98-99 you have to have nakamichi'
2000 all radios...

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?r...&usereferrer=1

Last edited by GSoup; 03-01-06 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-01-06, 10:44 AM
soyhead
Driver

realized the radio i installed this weekend may be from a 2000 GS4 although my car is a 99 GS4...i think i am gonna order the thing above and try it out, gotta check the return policy first

how do the hardwired FM mods sound? talking about the ones where you plug the car antenna cable into it and than put the mod cable into the head unit...seems like the cheapest and cleanest way to do it besides having to find a 12v + and a grnd which shouldnt be hard
Old 03-01-06, 04:45 PM
soyhead
Driver

back to square one, my new radio is from a 99 as well...may just go the hardwired fm mod route...i dont really need the controls from the radio although that would be nice
Old 03-02-06, 07:34 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by soyhead
back to square one, my new radio is from a 99 as well...may just go the hardwired fm mod route...i dont really need the controls from the radio although that would be nice

call up soundgate and see what they tell you...

i installed a mac mini in my car so i didn't have to worry about the ipod connection i was running itunes

mac mini system
Old 03-02-06, 07:46 AM
soyhead
Driver

Originally Posted by GSoup
call up soundgate and see what they tell you...
when i was talking with the guy yesterday he said the language used by the 98-99 pioneers and the 2000 are different, it wont work with the 98 & 99's

Quick Reply: Vaistech does not cover 98-01 GS. any ideas?