Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

New Pioneer Equipment

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-01, 12:22 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read in a post a few weeks ago on clublexus about some new products by Pioneer!! Something about a new video head unit and a dvd changer.....

I went to Pioneer's website and I saw some pics of some products but I dont 'know if it's their "NEW" stuff.....

Anyone got any info or pics or anything.......

AVX-P7300dvd..... Is that their new head unit??

THanks
Old 08-22-01, 05:14 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

Yes, this is a new in-dash CD/DVD player with 7" screen. It also requires Pioneer audio video master unit, such as AVM-P8000 or AVM-P9000R to be complete stereo.

Pioneer is one of the most advanced and expandable audio video systems on the market, with 3d user interface and IP-bus + 20pin video bus.

My system I'm putting together now has the following components:

AVX-P7300 - 7" in dash motorized screen
AVM-P9000R - AV master unit with RDS radio, DD, DTS
XDV-P9 - 6 Disc DVD changer
GEX-P7000TV - TV tuner with 2 A/V inputs
GEX-P900XM - Satellite XM radio
CDX-P1270 - 12 disc CD changer
CD-VC60 - Voice Controller
AVD-W8000 for rear display

Old 08-22-01, 08:13 PM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

That sounds good!! I like that the screen in 7"!! Makes it easier to view movies and nav....

I had a few questions tho...

1. Is the unit really "FULLY MOTORIZED" like Alpine's or do you have to push the screen up like Kenwoods unit??

2. Is the user interface cool and new looking or bland and out of date looking like Pioneers last model video/radio head unit??
The Panasonic video/radio head unit had the same problem. IMO, Kenwood has the best looking interface w/ it's touch screen model. Alpine is a close second... Alpines even has a screensaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. I heard Pioneer has a voice recognition nav system?? Does it work well??

Any other comments or suggestions on the Pioneer Equipment would be great. I have been in the market for months but haven't made a decision on what to buy.... I always am jumping from one to the other..... If this unit is as good as it sounds tho, it's the unit for me!!

Bottom line... I dont' wanna spend 5 large on stereo equipment and 2 months later see something I like better!! Ya know?!?!
Old 08-22-01, 10:33 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

1. Both the 7" AVX-P7300DVD and AVX-P7300 (no CD/DVD player) are fully motorized and tilt adjustable. No hand adjustment required.

2. The user interface is practical and useful. Aside from a spectrum analyzer they seem to focus in on disc and track names - good. Not touch screen enabled, but not a real requirement a for the interface. IMHO touch screen is bad for video because of finger prints.

Here is the AVM-P9000R function selection screen:

Other screens can be seen at http://www.autonav2000.com/Nscape/Pioneer.htm.

3. Voice recognition for navigation is new. I haven't tried the AVIC-9DVD navigation system, but the screens look nice (see Pioneer's press releases for more information).
Old 08-23-01, 02:13 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

VIDEONAVI,

Thank you so much for all that info so quickly!! I'm very impressed!! Anyways... judging from the pics you sent me the user interface seems a lot nicer/cooler than what I remember on the older Pioneer model. I just didn't want something bland and plane.... If I have tv's in the ride, I want them to be FLASHY and TOP NOTCH!!

About the touchscreen... I agree completely. The main reason why I'm not going with Kenwoods is cuz of it's touchscreen. (altho it's kinda cool to impress the ladies!!)

I will have to go to my stereo guy and ask him about it and see if he can let me play with one for a while....
I'd like to see it in person....

Thanks again VN....