Sponsored by:

Vintage

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-06, 07:40 AM
vintage
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vintage

O.K. I switched the Pioneer for the Nak and I have already upgraded the rear speakers to Fosgate 6x9's and I have a 4 ohm larger sub. At first I ran this speaker combo with the Pioneer and no problems. I switched out the changer because it stopped interfacing with the head unit before the Nak. Now i have another changer....Nak head unit.......upgraded speakers in the entire rear deck. The new changer is "hot" but still won't engage and I have an annoying humming noise from the radio at low to medium volume. The Nak (even without the amp upgrade) is noticeably stronger in volume. Any ideas on where to go from here?Do I need a Nak amp or can I go aftermarket?Is the audio cable the problem with the changer?It almost has to be because I changed the head unit and the changer.I did search the forums and usually it is helpful but there are so many suggestions I am getting confused. If you know for sure or have been there too with your car throw some info my way.
Thanks!!
Old 03-17-06, 08:01 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What amp are you using, the pioneer still?

Pinouts for the Pio and Nak are the same. Pio has 2 amps, nak 1.

Not sure about your changer issues... yet. The hum is proly a ground loop.

Your changer may have a short in the wiring. I would unplug the HU and the changer, check for continuity. See my nak hack page for the schematics of all. www.technicalhelp4u.com/lexus go to nak hack then to the bottom of the page for the schematic links.

OT: do you still have the old changer?
Old 03-17-06, 09:27 AM
vintage
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nak and cd issues

Yes i still have the other changer....and i am on the Pioneer amps with the Nak head unit.
With all due respect I went to the link you spoke about and it doesn't tell me anything because i am not very familiar with stereo stuff. I want to get the stereo shop to read the info and maybe they can make sense of it.
Old 03-17-06, 10:03 AM
933005spd
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at the CD Changers and let me know if you see a different part number on the two.

I have not yet verified this, but it is possible the Pio and Nak head units utilize a different communication protocol with the CD changer. There are two part numbers for this CD changer, though they seem to be used interchangably.

One of my 'hack' projects is to intercept and decode the communication used by both of these systems.

As far as 'continuity' you want the stereo shop to ensure there are no breaks in the line. This may be fairly expensive though.