Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Putting a system in GS a bad idea??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-06, 11:15 AM
gbpackers4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Putting a system in GS a bad idea??

People were telling me that I should put a "system" in my GS..... I think the stock sound is pretty good but a system would sound better (obviously)..... They say you would have to take out the stock sub and put the one you buy where the stock is.... Does anyone have a setup like this , if you do could you take a picture.....
Is this a good idea? or bad idea... I dont want to ruin my GS, and make it look like crap.....

Thoughts???
Old 03-19-06, 11:19 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

search the audio forum...
Old 03-19-06, 12:29 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by gbpackers4
They say you would have to take out the stock sub and put the one you buy where the stock is....
NOT true. You can buy any subwoofer you want, and put it in a box if you please. You do not have to use the stock 10" location for subwoofer. There are plenty of GS guys here who uses trunked box setup.
Old 03-19-06, 12:39 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

People were telling me that I should put a "system" in my GS..... I think the stock sound is pretty good but a system would sound better (obviously)..... They say you would have to take out the stock sub and put the one you buy where the stock is.... Does anyone have a setup like this , if you do could you take a picture.....
Is this a good idea? or bad idea... I dont want to ruin my GS, and make it look like crap.....

Thoughts???
We are talking about sound quality here right? So how would sound affect the look of a GS?
Old 03-19-06, 12:54 PM
gbpackers4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
We are talking about sound quality here right? So how would sound affect the look of a GS?
because the only sound system ive seen in a car, is where they take out the back sub and put in another box and it looked gaffed..... It doesnt give a clean look (maybe the person didn't to it correctly or something).
Old 03-19-06, 12:59 PM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

I wouldn't just stick any sub in the stock subs place....make sure the sub you're using as a replacement is a free air sub. To assure the best sound quality since you don't want to use a sub enclosure.
Old 03-19-06, 01:04 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

because the only sound system ive seen in a car, is where they take out the back sub and put in another box and it looked gaffed..... It doesnt give a clean look (maybe the person didn't to it correctly or something).
Maybe you should do a little more research into custom sound system installation in general. There's so many different way of putting a trunk setup, you really need to know what you want and know exactly how it's going to look after. Then you just need to pick components and a good installer to make everything happen. No amount of advice will make you what you want, you yourself have to know what you are getting into.
Old 03-19-06, 01:26 PM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

I've seen plenty of setups here on CL that are very clean and they still have plenty of usable space in their trunks.
Old 03-19-06, 03:10 PM
asci01
Pole Position

Thoughts???

A carputer with a touchscren LCD was the way to go for me.

It's less expensive that what you think and you can keep the OEM look