Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

is300 rewiring for speakers... help please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-06, 12:13 AM
Tao
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is300 rewiring for speakers... help please.

before you read this , i accidently posted in the wrong place before, and im in the right place now, so lets figure this out.

I am sure this has already been covered a thousand times by you guys, but here is the issue. I have a 2001 is300 with a factory deck and factory amplifer. I am taking out the factory deck and replacing it with an aftermarker deck. I also have a four channel that I will be using to power the speaks in the vehicle. I have another amp that I am using for the subs. I need help with finding out which wires need to be cut/tapped into that would run to the four channel amp. I would not be using the speaker wires on the back of the aftermarket deck because I am not getting my sound/power from that deck, I am getting the sound/power from the four channel amp.

My goal is to find out which colors correspond to what and rewire them with new speaker wire which will be ran to my four channel. I am at a loss for what I am to do at this point. From my research I understand the factory amp is near the passenger kick panel. However I found that when I unplugged a specific harness on the passneger side kick panel , the right side sound went out, this began to make me wonder where the left was, because I tried unplugging all the others and the left speakers were still playing sound. I went over to the driver side and there was a unit that looked exactly like the passenger side. Excuse my ignorance on this but I would rather do this myself than pay for it to be done. Id like to learn. my words may seem incoherant and confusing but I just want to know how to get to the factory amp , and when I see it , what will it look like? Which wires will I cut and splice with new speaker wire? Which colors will correspond to which speakers? All help with be greatly appreciated and If you have any sarcastic comments to say, dont waste your time typing, im looking for people who will help me with this problem. Also dont tell me to do a search, help a new person out and help me get this done. People should get some sort of gratification and happiness out of helping others. Thanks a lot guys. Here is a picture of the right side kick panel area. Im not sure if it helps , but when I unpluuged a certain harness, the right side sound went out.

thanks

tao.
Attached Thumbnails is300 rewiring for speakers... help please.-100_3691-copy2.jpg