Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Biggest TV size for Headrests???

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-01 | 08:52 PM
ap0718
Lead Lap

Does anyone know or have any experience on what is the largest size TV to fit in the headrests for a 1998 GS400???? If anyone of you have a mobile video/audio setup, please post your items, so this way, I have an idea. On Wednesday, I am receiving:

Pioneer AVX P7300DVD (7 inch widescreen with DVD)
Pioneer AVM P8000R (brain)
Pioneer GEX P7000TV (tv tuner)
Pioneer CDX-PD6 (in-dash 6-disc CD changer)

That is the whole front setup, but now I need the TV's for the headrest. I was planning on going all Pioneer and getting the Pioneer AVD W6000 (6.5 inch widescreen TV's), but I need to know if they will fit.

Also, do any of you have any suggestions on models that I should get for the headrest. Of course, you can go the cheap route and get Mobile Authority or a cheap LCD screen, but what do you guys think.

Any suggestions or comments would be a great help.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-03-01 | 09:23 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up 6.5"

AP - I put a 6.5" monitor in one of my headrests & it looks fine. Someone else tried a 7" but haven't heard how it came out. BTW - I've disassembled many brands of monitors ( Alpine & Pioneer among them ) & the majority of them featured circuitry & parts by Santeka so just because the unit says "Pioneer" doesn't necessarily mean that it's made by them. If ya want everything to have the Pioneer label them I guess U don't have much choice. Happy hunting!