Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Oh great ones...I'm in need of assitance!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-01, 09:30 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok...

1. I need help on how to pull out the stock radio (pictures would be awesome!!!)
2. I need to know the location of the stock pioneer amplifier.
3. I need wiring schematics for the amp or the harness that plugs into the stock radio

Mean Gene how hard was it to put in your headrest TV's? Instructions, pictures, anything would help me (my local shop wants $500 to put them in...nuff said:eek: )

Percy you'd be proud I got some ferro filled tweeters made by audiobahn they are titanium.

I ordered some new stuff and now I need the help of the greats or of anyone who knows what i'm talking about!!!

I appreciate the help!!

Thanks
Old 09-17-01, 12:01 PM
amlin423
Pole Position

I'll can email you some pictures when I get home.
The stock amp is around the foot area of the passenger side (Right of the glove compartment)
Old 09-17-01, 01:10 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xsuperjoex
[B]ok...

1. I need help on how to pull out the stock radio (pictures would be awesome!!!)

***Very easy. Remove the vent by using a flat screwdriver (small and taped at the end to prevent scratches) on either side. Push the screwdriver in and wiggle the screwdriver and vent a little bit...this will release a clip. Do this on the left and right sides of the vent...should pop out.

2. I need to know the location of the stock pioneer amplifier.
***Right hand side kick panel area. You have to remove some carpet and it's close to the glovebox.

3. I need wiring schematics for the amp or the harness that plugs into the stock radio
***Send me your email address. Specifiy which system you have.

Percy you'd be proud I got some ferro filled tweeters made by audiobahn they are titanium.
***Yikes...i don't like titanium! Just Dyns and a few other soft dome tweets.

I ordered some new stuff and now I need the help of the greats or of anyone who knows what i'm talking about!!!
*** No idea of what you're talking about... !!!!
I appreciate the help!!
***No prob!

Percy
Old 09-17-01, 08:03 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Headrests

Joe - $500 seems a bit high for a 2 monitor install unless it includes the prices of the units themselves. From several of your previous posts, U seem like a good DIY kinda guy so take a look at this link & maybe try it yourself.
http://www.autosoundmag.com/archives...ndsons01.shtml

Good luck!
Old 09-17-01, 09:36 PM
amlin423
Pole Position

xsuperjoex
since Percy has already described it pretty much the way it should be done, I don't think I need to send the pics...just wanted to add that after you take out your vents, you need to remove the ashtray too......just opend the ashtray, and gently pull it back wiggling it left and right.....if it doesn't budge at all you just need to pull a bit harder.....there's no screws...much like the vent it's held in by clips......I think there are two more bolts down there after you take out the ashtray and that's about it....oh.....also remember to cover your wood shift when you take out the radio so you don't scratch it....
Old 09-18-01, 05:06 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you everyone

I put the monitors in myself Mean Gene...I found similar instructions on the internet and proceeded doing it...(They aren't perfect but i'll manage...with an extra $500 in my pocket, yeah i'll manage!)

ok found the amp (Thanks Guys!!)

I can't take the radio out until i get me new headunit Clarion!!! yeah!!!!

Percy i need the wiring schematic for the stock Pioneer System in the 98 GS400 (the harness that connects to the headunit and the harness that connects to the stock amplifier....I hope I'm not asking for too much..
My email is Joe@gtho.net

The audiobahns are better than stock......and i only got them for $20 so I can't complain

Well thank you amlin423, Mean Gene and Percy...You guys have been great....thanks so much for the info (I really needed it!!! )
Old 09-18-01, 01:43 PM
Percy
Senior Moderator

superjoe,

Check your mail. Schematics have been sent!

Percy
Old 09-25-01, 08:58 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

wow...I didn't know getting the amp out could be such a *****!!! I had to take the whole glove box apart!!

Well my TV's in the headrests were redone(I did them all by myself for the second time...but this time I took my time) They look so much better I had to just take out more foam and they fit even better!

My Clarion unit is in, I used the 1990 LS400 conversion kit which is a pretty damn good fit if I do say so myself. The unit is great and looks good.. (now i just have to order a cutom wood peice to cover it)

My DVD player is busted!!..the front buttons don't work...it only works by remote which really sux!

Thanks for the help guys!!!
Old 03-30-02, 04:35 PM
twizzbeatz
Driver School Candidate

Percy, can u please help me with the wiring schematics for a 1993 sc400? i'm trying to tap into the harness to get to the speaker wires, man there's too many wires to figure out, any help is much appreciated, thanks bro! my email is twza1@yahoo.com, thanks!
Old 03-30-02, 05:20 PM
Percy
Senior Moderator

twizzbeatz,

I only have the schematic for the GS series, '98 and up. There was another member that had the SC series and he had all the wiring codes and step by step "hacks" to avoid using a line level converter. But darn it...I forgot who it was!

How about posting another message for "SC wiring diagram...need help" or something like that. Pretty sure one of the SC guys can help you out.

Good luck!

Percy
Old 03-31-02, 03:36 AM
twizzbeatz
Driver School Candidate

hey , thanks for the reply, i'll give it a shot. thanks again.
Old 03-31-02, 04:18 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

Post some pics!! I'd like to see the headrest tv's and everything!!

And I give props to ANYONE who does their own headrest tv install... I wouldnt' even have the ***** to try it!!
Old 03-31-02, 01:10 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody have such wiring schematics for the 94 LS400?
Old 04-01-02, 07:36 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Where can you get a custom wood dash piece?
Old 04-01-02, 08:59 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exoticwooddash.com will custom make one for you, they custom made my carbonfiber setup and it fit real nice

Quick Reply: Oh great ones...I'm in need of assitance!!