Search this Thread

Old 05-08-06, 07:42 AM
spike_um
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS3 stock amp question

Hi,
*2nd gen, No Nav*
I'm looking at a wiring diagram and it shows 4 wires (R+,R-,L+,L-) coming out from the
Radio into the Amp. Out from the Amp shows all the appropriate wires for all 7 Speakers. I haven't had a chance to actually look at the amp.
Does this sound right? How are you all installing an aftermarket headunit. Bypass the stock amp and run wires to the head unit? Hopefully i'm wrong and there are infact all 4 speaker leads coming out of the stock Head unit.

Thanks for any insight.

John
Old 05-11-06, 09:58 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by spike_um
Hi,
*2nd gen, No Nav*
I'm looking at a wiring diagram and it shows 4 wires (R+,R-,L+,L-) coming out from the
Radio into the Amp. Out from the Amp shows all the appropriate wires for all 7 Speakers. I haven't had a chance to actually look at the amp.
Does this sound right? How are you all installing an aftermarket headunit. Bypass the stock amp and run wires to the head unit? Hopefully i'm wrong and there are infact all 4 speaker leads coming out of the stock Head unit.

Thanks for any insight.

John
I have the wiring diagram somewhere but its a huge PDF file. If I remember right speakers wires dont come out of the radio because the amp is where that is handled. When I wired up my Alpine touchscreen I used the power, ground, and switched hot for power. Then grabbed the speaker wires from the amp connectors. I put in stereo for a good while so the diagram and subsequent testing was easy. PM me and give me your Email address and I will Email the file.