Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Rockford Setup... for my ES ( Need input about Bestbuy store installation)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 09:22 AM
sk72
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rockford Setup... for my ES ( Need input about Bestbuy store installation)

Hi..

I have finalized my system setup...but I got this new setup from BestBuy store..

10" Punch Stage 2 P210S4
RMS 200W @ 4Ohm
PEAK 400W @ 4 Ohm

10" Q-Logic Box QLH - 1.0010SS

Punch P200.2 Amplifier (2Channel)
200W x 1 (Bridged RMS @ 4 Ohm)
50W x 2 (RMS @ 4 Ohm)

Do you guys think the Amp should have enough power to drive the Sub?? and need some recommendations about getting a BESTBUY guys intall the equipments.. well my only justifications to go with em is because I move around quite often and if anything goes wrong I can always bring it to them as oppossed to a individual audio shop which only serves in one particular location..

Anybody has done any work at bestbuy before.. what do you guys think?? Thanks
Old 05-09-06, 09:40 AM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy another P200.2 and power each sub with an amp.
You are not really getting what you paid for , since you are not getting the max performance out of those subs.
Got any pics...
Old 05-09-06, 10:03 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i thought he only listed one sub.

either way- that sub is going to be way underpowered. I have a 800.4 with two channels dedicated to running a 10" Infinity Perfect sub in the trunk and it is just "ok". It bumps enough for a 50-60 year old guy but not enough for someone who REALLY wants to feel the music (I'm 27).

i don't know the setups in the ES but if you can fit that sub as a free air sub - the effective sound from the same setup will be greater.
Old 05-09-06, 11:16 AM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cliffud
i thought he only listed one sub.

either way- that sub is going to be way underpowered. I have a 800.4 with two channels dedicated to running a 10" Infinity Perfect sub in the trunk and it is just "ok". It bumps enough for a 50-60 year old guy but not enough for someone who REALLY wants to feel the music (I'm 27).

i don't know the setups in the ES but if you can fit that sub as a free air sub - the effective sound from the same setup will be greater.
Oh , I thought he has 2, its fine then.
Old 05-09-06, 01:31 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did my setup at best buy....rookie mistake!!

I got my 96 Honda accord at 16 years old, and was anxious to get all my stuff in. Clarion deck, (already put in myself) 4 gauge wire, 2 channel Audiobahn 3201x amp (840x1 rms) and 1 12" Pioneer Premier sub. They said they'd run 4 gauge and hook up and mount my amp for 79$$. Sounds like a great deal!!

I didn't know anything about tuning, or anything about subs. I asked him to tune my sub and break it in properly.

Got my stuff back was all excited cuz it pounded. Wasn't enough for me so i decided to put the seat down.....somn got stuck so i yanked on it and there it was, my 2 power wires ripped out. THE MORON CUT THE WIRES WAYYYYY SHORT!! Went back, and they tried to say it wasn't their fault and started telling me i need these wire extentions and this and that. I looked at em in the face and said ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? there is enough wire here to wire a caddilac boat and its my fault?? I'm not paying a dime!! Couple of managers later they did it for free.

So then i got home and started messin with it. ALL and i mean ALL my ***** were turned all the way up on the amp including the bass boost. Yea....sounds like proper tunning and breaking in of the sub.

BEST BUY === a bunch of amatuers, bunch of clowns pulled from the bus station who have no idea what they are doing. But thats just my opinion

i'm goin to Ultimate Electronics to do my new setup thats coming soon. Especially on a Lexus.

Thats just my 2 cents. I'd go to ultimate and pay a little extra to do it right and back up their work.