Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What (sealed) sub should i put in my rear dash
Diamond Audio D6
5.88%
MTX T8512-44
5.88%
JL Audio W3
52.94%
Pioneer Premier TS-W2000SPL (which i already own)
0%
Something else...so make a suggestion
35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Looking to get a 12" Sub...recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-06, 11:11 AM
sk72
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xeeeeeem
Hey, i'll look into it. Got any pics?

How do you mount the sub box to the rear panel
Xeeem... congrats on the deal.. but like engin_ear said.. make sure they do a good job in getting all the stuff back up together.... I am not sure if this is possible but if you can be there while they are working on the car, it would be great...

Anyways.. I will post Pics soon.. I just mounted my 12" in a sealed box and placed in in my trunk.. nothing special to it.. I love the BASS it gives.. really nice..

I am going to try the same sub on a vented box soon will post results on how it sounded...

Good Luck... n enjoy your new audio system!!!
Old 05-22-06, 11:24 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Thanks for the advice guys! I'm going to try to be there for the install to see how the do it for my own future reference.

As far as it goes for the price, the guy simply hooked me up. This install was supposed to cost me almost as much as 400$$. Every time me and my buddies ask for price quotes, we got different prices. Some of their price quotes were just straight up outrageous but i got what i wanted .

These guys do good work, i don't know any shops that do audio installs with better quality around here because i have not seen their work nor do i know any of the guys . I say this because i know people who got their systems installed there. Ultime IMO has the best reputation atleast around here. (Best buy, Circuit City, SubZero audio, Area 51 which is closed 90% of the time)

Hopefully it all goes well
Old 05-24-06, 08:19 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had two Fosgate 12" HX2 dual voice coils with a 800a2 amp run at 1 ohm in my old car and it was great, the bass controller allows for alot of control which I really liked. And it could go from low level to setting off alarms in a quick turn of the ****. I wish I had room in my sc430 for this setup but the car is just too small, now its just taking up space in the garage.

I got a JL amp now but I dont like the bass controller that much and most of the JL amps are only stable at 1.5 ohms which really sucks so basically you got to either get 3 ohm JL subs or run it at 2ohms. Image dynamics makes some good subs also. Check them out.
Old 05-24-06, 09:58 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

where do they sell Image Dynamcs subs??? Any recomendations for a certain model?

Anyone have any experience with Sound splinter???

http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp_pre...subwoofer.html
Old 05-24-06, 10:19 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

www.sounddomain.com

All image dynamics subs are sound quality oriented that can get loud. It's just a matter of how loud you want. the IDMAX is their highest model, which can get very loud for a single subwoofer.

I haven't used soundsplinter yet, but people who have has not had a bad say in them.
Old 05-24-06, 11:09 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Infinity Kappa Perfect anyone???
Old 05-24-06, 12:53 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

I had a set of them in 12" before I upgraded to the HX2's. No complaints at all about them. Nice clean bass, but didnt have enough thump for me to set off car alarms thats why I went with the HX2. I really like those subs though. I think Image Dynamics might be one up on them though. Check out sounddomain.com great prices and they price match.

I still have my old setup for sale if your interested.
Old 05-24-06, 03:45 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
I had a set of them in 12" before I upgraded to the HX2's. No complaints at all about them. Nice clean bass, but didnt have enough thump for me to set off car alarms thats why I went with the HX2. I really like those subs though. I think Image Dynamics might be one up on them though. Check out sounddomain.com great prices and they price match.

I still have my old setup for sale if your interested.
Yea, i heard the same thing about the perfects too. But keep in mind, this sub is going into the rear deck so i can't have 2 subs.

Image Dynamics is somn i'll definitely look into guys!! Is there a shop or store i can go to to listen to ID subs??
Old 05-24-06, 04:59 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have them. they're not bad...
Old 05-25-06, 06:50 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

just get the image dynamics sub, dont worry about listening to it first. I am pretty sure you will be satisfied with it. I love it in a sealed enclosure
Old 05-26-06, 09:25 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Boy....i thought I could get away with cheap labor. That didn't happen

I got them to install my components....130 extra dollars
95 for RCAs

Is there anything i should be looking out for after the install, so i don't run into expensive repairs later on?? I'll be picking it up around 5 today.

Thanks guys!

Max

Last edited by Xeeeeeem; 05-26-06 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-26-06, 08:35 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Default Ok Guys!! Got It In

Heres the quote i got before i took my car in: Running new 4 guage, new speaker wires, installing deck, mounting amp: 131.00$$$

I asked them to put my components in the front, and put my speakers in the back. That was 170$$ TOTAL = 300$$

Heres the quote i got after everything was installed 600.15$

The ONLY understandable extra cost would be the 95$ RCA they had to run for me from the store.

There were some miscommunications between me and the guy who gave me the quote for the 131$$ And the speaker install. I guess he didin't include it all so i got stuck paying this.

My deck was in perfect operating conditions before they got their hands on it. Now, the screen and tilt is all messed up WORKED JUST FINE BEFORE!!

I just got a chance to tune it up a lil, sounds freakin awesome!! Really CRISP and LOUD but all for the cost of 600.15$$ What do you guys think!?
Old 05-26-06, 10:03 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Running new 4 guage, new speaker wires, installing deck, mounting amp: 131.00$$$

Put my components in the front, and put my speakers in the back. 170$$ TOTAL = 300$$

After everything was installed 600.15$

Ability for you, your neighbors, and the hot blonde in the lane next to you to hear great tunes at high volume --- PRICELESS!!!
Old 05-27-06, 01:20 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JL's are a rip, go with rockfords if you want noise, or alpine if you want quality...
Old 05-27-06, 01:50 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

James, what the hey are you talking about?
Really nice car you have there. But your install says you have Rockfords - are you replacing these with Alpine?
JL is not a rip. Their lower priced subs are not very good, but you get what you pay for. Their higher priced subs, W3V2, W6V2, W7, are excellent. Amps are excellent. I'll put JL subs and amps up against Alpine any day of the week, JL will eat all of Alpine for lunch, unless it's the F1 Status stuff.

Quick Reply: Looking to get a 12" Sub...recommendations?