My Build-Up:

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-06 | 11:34 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Default My Build-Up:

The Car:

The Plans:

-2 layers of eDead v1SE in the whole trunk and 2 layers of eDead V3 Black.
-Recover all the panels in black vinyl.
-MDF covered in black vinyl for the whole floor.
-SnailShell sub box from www.nolteaudio.com (if it'll fit, otherwise I have no idea).
-Custom wall for the box.
-Elemental Designs NiNE.1 Amp
-12" Image Dynamics IDMax or 12" RE XXX (whichever comes out first since they are both coming out with new versions).
-Optima Yellow Top
-Tsunami Battery Topper
-eD wiring and stuff.

As of now, I already have the Tsunami Battery Topper and I just purchased the eDead. So the next up date will be when I recieve the eDead and start to apply it.

I'm very excited.

I'm also contemplating whether or not I should get the JL Audio Cleansweep since I am pretty much never going to swap out my stock headunit. Only thing is, I'm going to have to take that to get it done at a shop since I have no clue how it would be wired (which I do NOT want to do because most shops around here suck ***). Everything else will be done by me (hopefully).
Old 05-10-06 | 11:41 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Qualty stuff

BTW beautiful tile work too in pic above
Old 05-10-06 | 11:46 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

hehe, thanks
Old 06-19-06 | 11:28 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Can you post pictures of the MDF in vinyl setup? I'm thinking of doing this in my trunk, but building it with a door so I can acess my spare tire, and perhaps mounting the amps on either side of it. Not sure if they will fit and if heat will be an issue.
Old 06-19-06 | 11:31 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Suneet
Can you post pictures of the MDF in vinyl setup? I'm thinking of doing this in my trunk, but building it with a door so I can acess my spare tire, and perhaps mounting the amps on either side of it. Not sure if they will fit and if heat will be an issue.
i'll be taking pics of the whole process

as it stands... im like half-way done with the sound deadening. i'll have pictures of that as well. i've worked on it only 1 day so far. i need to find mroe time to do this.
Old 06-19-06 | 12:06 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by car_lost
i'll be taking pics of the whole process

as it stands... im like half-way done with the sound deadening. i'll have pictures of that as well. i've worked on it only 1 day so far. i need to find mroe time to do this.
I feel you. After coming home from work, I'm so tired, I can't find the energy to do everything. Right now I need to put in new speaker wires, RCA's, so I can run my front components off an old Alpine Amp. I also need to upgrade my power wire as right nwo I'm using one of those solid copper cables from HomeDepot, that is not flexible at all and really isn't suitable for car audio applications. Post pics as you go along! How are you doing your trunk? I can't decide on how I want to do my trunk setup, but I'm leaning towards builign a fiberglass box that sits near the wheel well like a bunch of the SC guys have done, so I can conserve trunk space. Not sure how to mount the amps though.
Old 06-19-06 | 12:11 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

I feel you. After coming home from work, I'm so tired, I can't find the energy to do everything. Right now I need to put in new speaker wires, RCA's, so I can run my front components off an old Alpine Amp. I also need to upgrade my power wire as right nwo I'm using one of those solid copper cables from HomeDepot, that is not flexible at all and really isn't suitable for car audio applications. Post pics as you go along! How are you doing your trunk? I can't decide on how I want to do my trunk setup, but I'm leaning towards builign a fiberglass box that sits near the wheel well like a bunch of the SC guys have done, so I can conserve trunk space. Not sure how to mount the amps though.
I'm gonna try to stuff a 15" sub and the amp between the wheel wells in the trunk. I need to see how much space the box and everythin will take up though. If it wont fit there, I might take out the spare tire and stuff it in there. So as of now... I dont know
Old 06-19-06 | 12:51 PM
LayinLo
Pole Position

Can you post pictures of the MDF in vinyl setup? I'm thinking of doing this in my trunk, but building it with a door so I can acess my spare tire,
Here is my trunk, not nearly done though. Still in the process of making wood braces under the bottom floor.
Attached Thumbnails My Build-Up:-img_3187-small-.jpg  
Old 06-20-06 | 11:42 AM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

car_lost , If you go with Boston G2's 10"only need 0.5 cu ft sealed box ( 7.5D x 11.0W x 11.0H )
Old 06-20-06 | 11:53 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexkost
car_lost , If you go with Boston G2's 10"only need 0.5 cu ft sealed box ( 7.5D x 11.0W x 11.0H )
im gonna be going with an Elemental Designs 15" SpV2... that thing can handle more than 4000 watts. for the time being im going to run it with 1000.
Old 06-20-06 | 01:19 PM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

don't get the JL audio cleansweep, that thing sucks, the rockford 3sixty is a MUCH better unit.
Old 06-20-06 | 01:22 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VinnyQH
don't get the JL audio cleansweep, that thing sucks, the rockford 3sixty is a MUCH better unit.
and much more expensive. i have a few choices as far as that goes.

theres the JL cleansweep, the audiocontrol lc6 and the rf 3sixty. i need to see which one does what and compare features.
Old 06-20-06 | 09:45 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Check out the Phoenix Gold SLD44. Its a linedriver with a built in high to low converter.