Sponsored by:

Line Converter

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-06, 03:58 PM
sk72
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Line Converter

How easy is it to install a line converter... must I open my stock deck to connect this guy or can I use my stock sub speaker wire to connect. I have 06 es330 and would ike to install an amp and a single sub. Pls recommend!!!!!
Old 05-11-06, 09:42 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by sk72
How easy is it to install a line converter... must I open my stock deck to connect this guy or can I use my stock sub speaker wire to connect. I have 06 es330 and would ike to install an amp and a single sub. Pls recommend!!!!!
A line converter is easy to install. You can install it anywhere you have a pair of speaker wires. The only problem with connecting it to the subwoofer wires is you will probably NOT have a full range signal. Which means only bass comes over those wires because of the stock amp. If you only want a line converter for bass then thats fine, but also remember your frequency range has already been altered by the stock amp. gl
Old 05-12-06, 10:18 AM
sk72
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Buddy...

The guys over at circuit city did the exact thing... they connected the line converter to the sub wires for my one sub and amp installation.. it sounds great but I do have one other problem which i caught just today..

Step A
I leave my radio on and shut of the engine.

Step B
I insert the key and into position and wait for all sensors to stop beeping which i always have been doing before I start the car

Step C
The radio will turn on, and when I start cranking, I hear the sub woofer going pouncing like GRRRRRR GRRRRR GRRRR and stops after the car starts and things go normal.

Step D
I shut off the radio, and when shutting of the engine I hear a small amount of Bass released.

What is the problem.. did those guys did not the power distribution well?? what could be the problem?? I want to know what would you guys suggest before I bring the car back in.. I was thinking of placing a switch or something???

Any Ideas ???